• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can animals tell if your into them?

Quote:Also worth mentioning is my current canine.. I'm refraining from anything sexual as he's only a year old (waiting until he's two years to try anything) but when he cuddles up next to me almost every time he gets hard in his sheath, I'm not sure if is its just normal excitement or a sense of sexual attraction; won't know for another year..

Regardless of that I'm so happy I adopted him, he is adorable and so cuddly, and our bond has already developed pretty strong.. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wub.png[/img]
Could be both

Quote:Could be both
Right, most dogs become sexually mature around 1 years of age, (depending on the breed) so u could be right.. Regardless I've always waited until 2 years of age to go to an intimate level though, because they are fully grown at that point and plus it gives plenty of time to bond on an emotional level..

I think Tippy, who initiated everything with me for first times, just knew. I've also had strange bitches react to me sometimes by flagging, random humping etc. I can't say every bitch knows, but some seem to.
sw

You know, unless I've been completely ignorant or something, I don't think I've ever had a bitch "flag" me. My current female got pyo a few years ago and had to be spayed, so she wouldn't be able to flag me anyway, but even when she was in heat I don't recall her making any direct and unmistakable advances toward me, only toward my male dog (who had no trouble recognizing it).
I've been to gatherings at other zoos' homes and been among all their animals (where it was safe to comment publicly on such things : ) but I haven't seen any flagging directed towards me there, either. Maybe, because of all the other people and their dogs, the flagging was aimed elsewhere. I *have* seen bitches in or near heat present themselves to male dogs, moving their tails to one side and raising their hips so the vulva is prominent. That's always fun to watch because a great deal of licking and jaw-champing ensues, and occasionally some knotting up in the sheath. Woof. : )
As far as males go, the first time I sit on the couch each morning, or when I get home from work, my male is right there ready to straddle my leg and go to town. But I don't know if that's because he knows I'm into it, or simply a conditioned response from years of getting laid that way. My money would be on the latter. : )

Hmm, that's interesting. Makes me wonder more about why I have had them tail cock and hump air in front of me. It hasn't been many times, but it has happened. 
It's never been long in  duration either though. With Tippy I figured she had been with someone in her past. She just knew too much our first time to have learned or figured it out on her own. Maybe, just maybe, those other bitches had too. I can't fairly hazard a guess.
sw

My pibble will come over to where ever im at, turn her butt around and raise the tail. Its all on her own

Based on what I've read so far, my guess would be that it's simple biology...or maybe not so simple. Some people may have a certain scent, unconscious body language, or something else we haven't discovered yet (like an "aura," whatever that is), which some animals can pick up on. It's been well-documented that dogs can detect cancer, predict seizures, and sense many things about us that we ourselves don't even know. Maybe some animals can pick up whatever it is about some people that makes them "zoo." Some people say being gay comes from a "gay gene." I don't know if that's true or just wishful thinking on some folks' part, but if such a thing actually exists, maybe there's also a "zoo gene" that alters *our* body chemistry in a way animals can sense.

Quote:Based on what I've read so far, my guess would be that it's simple biology...or maybe not so simple. Some people may have a certain scent, unconscious body language, or something else we haven't discovered yet (like an "aura," whatever that is), which some animals can pick up on. It's been well-documented that dogs can detect cancer, predict seizures, and sense many things about us that we ourselves don't even know. Maybe some animals can pick up whatever it is about some people that makes them "zoo." Some people say being gay comes from a "gay gene." I don't know if that's true or just wishful thinking on some folks' part, but if such a thing actually exists, maybe there's also a "zoo gene" that alters *our* body chemistry in a way animals can sense.
Those are all good theories Actaeon..
U Could be right, I do also believe that animals pick up on auras as well.. And that people that are zoo naturally learn the animal body language and its entirely possible we are using it unconsciously..
But the biggest attraction that animals have to us, I would say is due to biology and hormones..

I used to know a dog that could spell.   She wanted nothing more than to go on walks and trips and so would be the first to the door if anyone said "go" or "out".  We started spelling the words ("g" "o").   It would take her less than a week to learn each new way to say we were going out.
The point is that even though she knew nothing at all about the alphabet, she could use it to communicate.   It works the other way too.   Humans that spend time with dogs learn ways to communicate with dogs even if they don't consciously realize it.   If you really want to understand how it works, go join a horse family.   Things as subtle as the angle of your head have meaning and you had better know what messages you are sending.
I am known for being able to walk up to other people's problem animals and have them well mannered in minutes.   It doesn't change how they act with their "owners" but it's an example of what can happen when you speak to an animal with clarity.  
So yes, if you signal sexual interest to an animal, don't be surprised when they return it.

What did the dog do when people spelled "v" "e" "t"? : )