Are you Monogamous or Polygamous in your relations with animals?
Mongamous
18.64%
Polygamous
69.49%
Other (If you choose this please explain below if you want)
11.86%
59 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monogamy or Polygamy or...?

I heard of it happening, more than once, in the community unfortunately and the continuing drama from it has usually been to the detriment of the non-human(s) involved. They became little more than chattel to either human in one relationship, bartered for the peoples other property. In another, neither human could support themselves on their own and the non-humans were thus split up and thrown to the winds. In yet another, a seemingly perfect one, one partner was in fact abusing the non-human in secret to the detriment of her health and when the other partner found out and left he was unable to take her, thus having to leave her with the abuser as he had no proof of the abuse. Having just non-humans in a polygamus relationship doesn't "solve" anything, it gives a whole new set of "what if's".

sw

Yeah, I can see how that could happen, or likely would happen.  Weaponizing the critters in the human drama.

Oh dear......this doesn't sound so good ...for me it would be a Zoo/Zoo/Non Human relationship. I could not work within the limits of 'toleration'.

I would like to think it could work as long as both human partners had an established relationship and were as invested in the non human partner as each other. A married Zoo couple with non human partner for instance.

Just MHO.....

The above described were all zoo/zoo... My point is, in my experience viewing the community, few who have decided to involve another human in their relationship with their non-human have continued that relationship for long, and in several cases the break-up of the relationship has meant harm emotionally, physically or both to the non-human. To me it's just not worth it. But then, even though I do have a strong attraction to women, I wouldn't consider it anyway. It didn't take me long into my relationship with Tippy to have her find me with an old girlfriend, and to realize that she did indeed care. I swore then that I wouldn't see that hurt in her eyes again, and didn't. It wasn't even a question with Shadow. It won't be with the next, should there be one. I MAY fool around on women if I go that way again, I have in the past. I doubt I'll ever go that way again though. They appeal to me, but they can't compare to what Tippy, and even more-so Shadow, were to me. But I've grown, and doubt even that...

sw

This is the thing.  My observation is that humans don't get along well with humans.  About half of marriages divorce or separate, and how many live-togethers stay together?  And often weaponize the children even if they stay together.  Why would they not the animals?  

Some sad but true elements written above by  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/1-silverwolf1/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="1" href="<___base_url___>/profile/1-silverwolf1/">@silverwolf1</a> and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/1910-heavyhorse/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="1910" href="<___base_url___>/profile/1910-heavyhorse/">@heavyhorse</a>. I don't feel I need be that way. I do agree if things turn out acrimonious then indeed the non human partner will not fare well. There is room for hope and perhaps in the right relationship things could bloom. Not that I wish for harm bestowed on our non human partners for the sake of hope, more a path to be trod very carefully, for time will tell, these 3 way relationships will come and go and maybe we will hear the good of one...maybe not.....I like to think we will.

I'm all for optimism, to a point. I just don't think it ethical or moral to put the non human, who really has no choice, into a situation that's likely to turn out badly for them for the sake of human 'hope'... You want a human/ human relationship, have one. Leave the non human safely out of it. 

sw

I can see the point you're making. I guess it was too forward and optimistic of me to imagine humans handling things like relationship conflicts and breakups in a civil, discrete manner and not with spite and blackmail. The key word here is "imagine", since I lack experience in this area and that's probably my biggest downfall within this discussion. Silverwolf has the upper hand in here.

Would the situation be any different if  each partner had their own "private" non-human partner(s) though, like a separate zoo relationship that functions more or less independently of the concurrent interhuman one?

[Image: photo_2019-06-04_09-33-58.jpg.78ed5b2457...244c83.jpg]

Quote:
51 minutes ago, canecorso said:

Silverwolf has the upper hand in here.

Only in observing other zoo's human/animal relationships. Only one of my human 'encounters' could have been called a 'relationship', and there were no 'zoo' aspects in either of our lives. That relationship ended with her death, or it might have continued to this day and my 'zoo' relationships might never have happened. Hard to say.

Most of my human encounters though have been of the 'one night stand' variety, or 'one night' over & over anyway and never with animals involved. Those I still know, I still remain friendly with. I just don't have sex with them any longer. I've always found women attractive, I've just seldom found an individual woman I thought I could live with.

I have to state here so my bias is clear, I personally would never have more than one partner in a relationship, human or otherwise. I've tried not to let that color my observations, but keep it in mind.

sw