Are you Monogamous or Polygamous in your relations with animals?
Mongamous
18.64%
Polygamous
69.49%
Other (If you choose this please explain below if you want)
11.86%
59 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monogamy or Polygamy or...?

Monogamy for me.
sw

I chose "other" as I'm mostly monogamous, but not entirely so. With my usual partner getting older, her interest has greatly diminished.

It's impossible to be "mongamous" (must be the Latin spelling) when you have a pack of dogs! 
Had SIX Rottweilers at one point, three male and three female! 
Currently have 2 Rott's & a Dane.

Id have to say i tend towards polygamous relationships; the way I look at it is you can be in love with more than one animal and they won't feel betrayed by it because they are not human in the grand scheme of things..
The concept of staying faithful to only one lover is a human idealism.. Made for human relationships, being in multiple relationships with animals doesn't mean you love the other more or less, another concept thought up by humans due to jealousy.. An animal could care less about polygamy, they have no underlying conditions like humans do, as long as you love them and give them plenty of affection they are content with life..
Just my view of it..

I have one primary human relationship and one primary animal relationship. I'm open to other connections and sexual experiences and I don't feel guilt for taking advantage of opportunities presented to me.
Having said that, I don't actively search for stuff like this, and when it happens I don't see it as a stepping stone to deeper connections. I am happy with my boy and my Girl. I'm not really monogamous but I just don't invest the same time or energy into any other relationships.

I hang out with a horse.  Polygamy is mandatory.

I think all animals deserve love and affection, and I'm happy to share myself with any willing partner. But I can absolutely understand and respect how forming a deep bond with an animal can create a feeling of unbreakable devotion.

<div>
Quote: I can absolutely understand and respect how forming a deep bond with an animal can create a feeling of unbreakable devotion.
Yeah I've had one lover that I formed a really deep bond with, I still believe to this day he was my soul mate, and I'll never find a dog like him again, that was my only monogamous relationship to this day, so I can relate to that as well..
</div> 

Polygamous... Dogs are pack animals, there is no "belonging to each other" as can be seen with some other species.  I also have several dogs, with each their own preferences, but in general i dont have anyhing with animals that do not belong to me. So kind of monogamy, or what?

I've been flexible on this.  My German Shepherdess expressed jealousy and upset when I gave attention to other bitches, so I vowed and kept my vow to her that I would not engage sexually with other bitches while she was alive, and I did not break that vow after making it (I did give platonic physical affection -- pets and scritches -- but nothing beyond that).  She did not mind my having fun with males, so I considered them fair game.

If I have an animal mate again in the future, and I find them jealous or upset at my giving attention to other animals, I will respect their wishes and beyond platonic affection and caretaking (feeding, grooming, taking to the vet, etc.), I won't violate the wishes of an animal I consider to be my lover.  If they're fine with me giving sexual attention to others, that's great.  For me, its about respecting my lover.