Do you think of your animal partner(s) as in a relationship with you?
Yes
76.00%
No
8.00%
Don\'t know/ undecided
16.00%
50 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationship or No

I agree, I think 'relationship' means different things to different people. To me, it means confidante, a lover,  to whom I can share intimate things, thoughts and feelings and share time with, just to be close with them, as well as the physical. An undefinable and union  that I cannot describe. So I agree with it being more evolved as I feel no need for the spoken word to share thoughts or feelings between myself and my lovers, in many ways I am better understood and unjudged with my animal lovers than some of my closest human companions.

Of course I considered it a relationship.I feel it was just as strong as what regular non-zoos consider to be a relationship.

We are in some sort of a relationship. Currently it is more like friends with benefits, but I hope it will be getting deeper over time.

yes, no , wait maybe....

It depends on the partner.  For me, there have been some doggos that feel very much like mates but I have a canine in my life now that feels more like a "best bud," I've been his wingman it seems over the years.  Every one of them is unique both in personality and connection.  Love, it would seem, has many different colors and flavors.

Quote:
49 minutes ago, Kharrs said:

It depends on the partner.  For me, there have been some doggos that feel very much like mates but I have a canine in my life now that feels more like a "best bud," I've been his wingman it seems over the years.  Every one of them is unique both in personality and connection.  Love, it would seem, has many different colors and flavors.

That's a unique sentiment, and I can honestly relate to it for the most part.

Quote:
On 8/1/2017 at 9:31 PM, silverwolf1 said:

Relationship

sw

The word "relationship" is a very vague term. Technically, a person has a relationship with enemies, co-workers, the convenience store cashier, friends, and yes, even partners.

Each relationship has it's own flavor/color/texture/feeling/you-get-the-point.

So technically, everybody has some sort of relationship with those they interact with.

even more so, it can be inferred that absence of a relationship with a "partner" is a conflict of terms, because even a one-time-stand event could be stated as a "Fleeting Relationship"

So, by default, the answer has to be "yes".

Now, what kind of relationship was intended in this question?

Quote:
12 hours ago, Darkmoor said:

The word "relationship" is a very vague term. Technically, a person has a relationship with enemies, co-workers, the convenience store cashier, friends, and yes, even partners.

Each relationship has it's own flavor/color/texture/feeling/you-get-the-point.

So technically, everybody has some sort of relationship with those they interact with.

even more so, it can be inferred that absence of a relationship with a "partner" is a conflict of terms, because even a one-time-stand event could be stated as a "Fleeting Relationship"

So, by default, the answer has to be "yes".

Now, what kind of relationship was intended in this question?

I think in this context, you don't need all the 'fluff' presented here. That's not to say you're wrong of course, this is correct and plays on the ambiguity of grammar and syntax trees in certain situations.

However, via the forum itself, and the nature of the topic and intent displayed with the original post: at least IMO, we can parse out the context to be 'intimate, deeper relationship, vs. fuck and leave' type of scenarios. That's the question that's proposed here.

Definitely a solid viewpoint though. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

In a text based forum inclusive of a writer's guild, I would expect context and clarity is important.

My response is to the poll. The question presented is:

"1. Do you think of your animal partner(s) as in a relationship with you?" Yes, No, or Don't know/undecided"

I showed how ambiguous the question is, and why it leads to the answer "yes".

This is giving context, answer, and provokes some thought.

Just because assumptions and inferences can be made, my point is, should they?

I think you make an assumption of your own in this case. That people are too stupid to understand context.

No offense of course, just an observation.