Do you think of your animal partner(s) as in a relationship with you?
Yes
76.00%
No
8.00%
Don\'t know/ undecided
16.00%
50 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationship or No

Relationship
sw

I certainly think of it as a relationship, though probably not your typical western version of a relationship.

I don't expect from a dog what a dog can't give; I expect loyalty, compassion, and most of all friendship. I think my current dogs deliver more than I expect.

Yes I consider my dog a significant other or "boyfriend" even if we've yet to do anything sexual..

Quote:
On 8/1/2017 at 9:59 PM, egoldstein said:

I certainly think of it as a relationship, though probably not your typical western version of a relationship.

I don't expect from a dog what a dog can't give; I expect loyalty, compassion, and most of all friendship. I think my current dogs deliver more than I expect.

This.  (And horse.)  And that the horse regards me as another horse, I regard as a compliment.  

No doubt about it, yes for me! I see them as a definite relationship.. There's so much to it than just sexual relief or as a simple 'companion'. For me anyways, after a while it just starts to run deeper, a lot deeper...

I voted "Don't Know / Undecided". Whilst I am in no doubt over what I feel towards them I always try to avoid defining their role or in any way imposing any kind of human thoughts/logic/feeling upon them. I very much agree with <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a>'s comment above. 

If I had a partner that had regular sex with me, maybe.  It depends on what they got out of it, I suppose.

As it stands no, no relationship.

Relationship.......

ok  originally voted likely back near when this was posted, same vote then as now .. unknown undecided .. why not clarify my position this time

truly depends on what your meaning for relationship is ... my thinking ... is, that you are asking if i have a marriage type or bf/gf type relationship ...

no ... i have never had that type of thinking with any of my companions. For me my companions are my greatest friends, best buddy. I do at times, consider them to be like one of my kids(if i have ever had any), but not as children in anyway shape or form. The protection type aspect of it. They are my family. Mess with them and i will seriously mess you up in return. Which i feel is the same way i would with my actual children. Harm one of my kids and i would have a serious problem not harming you  back 10 times worse. I dare anyone to kick my dog out of the way simply because they are a bit over friendly in wanting to greet people. You would most definitely end up in the hospital.

Not all of my companions have been lovers .. some are simply not interested in that type of relationship.

The actual question ... my partner as in a relationship with me? quick thinking no . looking back thru answers and poll results causes a pause in the quick response.

Would simply like to say that we do have a seriously close loving relationship in many ways, including a sexual one. Just not the same type of "relationship" as i have with girlfriends. Mates? not how i would think to define us really.

Best friends and lovers relationship i guess.

Honestly don't think i have ever truly really thought about it other then to simply think we are not gf/bf, married(or ever would marry) for me it simply isn't the same type feelings while at the same time being almost the same type feelings of am in a relationship ... my girlfriend? yes we are in a relationship. My dog? No ... Seems like it is more of a more fuller broader true companionship and true bonding ... then i have ever felt with a women .. which somehow makes it seem much more different and richer in often better ways.

NO! I am not in a relationship with my companion.

It is much more evolved then that.

Quote:
2 hours ago, arcticwolf said:

NO! I am not in a relationship with my companion.

It is much more evolved then that.

I like that.

sw