• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do/did you guys control zoo urges?...

Quote:
2 hours ago, threelegs said:

Just to add, if you think you can do this without it making you crazier, try to find an animal shelter that will let you volunteer your services. Cleaning up waste will knock some of the idealistic glow off of pet ownership, and when you're ready you'll have a well-exercised set of skills. Just behave yourself.

I've had to clean waste before, I used to have contact with animals as a kid, not in the best light nevertheless.

Masturbation always helps.

Quote:
18 minutes ago, Saturnine said:

Masturbation always helps.

That removes sexual urges, but other than that leaves you with everything else. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/mellow.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":|" width="20" /> but yes, it helps, sexual urges are pretty annoying if they can't be fulfilled.

It's amazing to see how something that developed initially from sexual feelings ends up becoming more; I guess it's our own biology telling you to care and be with your mate even in non sexual circumstances.

I hope in the future, we'll have full-featured VR pets. Hell, I'm almost tempted to create a horse AI and see if I can't have a virtual mare wife.

This could very well be the future of zoophilia for some of us.

Quote:
6 minutes ago, Saturnine said:

I hope in the future, we'll have full-featured VR pets. Hell, I'm almost tempted to create a horse AI and see if I can't have a virtual mare wife.

For some, and definitely that could be a good way to vent emotional feelings; but that won't be a replacement for the real deal, visual stimuli alone doesn't make of smells, tactile sensations, and the whole unpredictability of actual animals; they are real after all. I am in love with animals after all, and animals poop, pee, get angry, smell, are covered in soft fur, get emotional, etc... and technology is not there to create an actual living being in a simulation.

Quote:
30 minutes ago, Saturnine said:

Yuck....

If that is what you´re content with, why don´t you buy a Steiff stuffed horse and a travelpussy? Not to mention that you would happily go through the monthlong/yearlong process of programming that mentioned virtual fucktoy instead of just lifting up your butt from the couch to go out and meet an actual horse. What´s actually possible if you´d follow any of the advice given to you in only a couple of hours time.

Quote:
21 minutes ago, Cat said:

For some, and definitely that could be a good way to vent emotional feelings; but that won't be a replacement for the real deal, visual stimuli alone doesn't make of smells, tactile sensations, and the whole unpredictability of actual animals; they are real after all. I am in love with animals after all, and animals poop, pee, get angry, smell, are covered in soft fur, get emotional, etc... and technology is not there to create an actual living being in a simulation.

But it's getting close to that point. I was just thinking about how much VR technology could advance in the upcoming years. It could be a real option for someone to "adopt" a virtual pet like a dog or horse and have their behavior mimicked to an almost perfect representation of the actual thing. Perhaps install a "hot coffee" mod as well, if you know what I mean...

I might really have to look into developing something like this.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Saturnine said:

But it's getting close to that point. I was just thinking about how much VR technology could advance in the upcoming years. It could be a real option for someone to "adopt" a virtual pet like a dog or horse and have their behavior mimicked to an almost perfect representation of the actual thing. Perhaps install a "hot coffee" mod as well, if you know what I mean...

I might really have to look into developing something like this.

Well it's up to you after all [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> and to be honest it could be a good thing to vent out and have a fantasy from time to time, hell I keep kissing my screen [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":S" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":$" width="20" /> with pics of animals, however for pretty much most of us that would not be a replacement for the actual deal, but more like a venting tool; since you virtually control every aspect of it; it'd do the same role as images, videos, etc... just being more immersive.

But yea if it gives you something to do I am sure plenty of people would be glad to have such a tool.

Also don't forget about ritualistic meditation. What I do is I find an image of a horse (or make one) and then concentrate all of my energy into it as I meditate. Not kidding.

As threelegs pointed out, it's NOT something you "do".  Today or one day.  That's impossible, unless you have unlimited resources.

It's realizing one day that you're serious (OK, already done).  Then it's just considering each little choice of your life, that moves incrementally toward your goal.  Do you need a new car?  My (well-maintained) truck is decades old.  Didn't get HD TV until amazon had 39" class under $200.  Refurb computer.  NO iPhone.  Or contract (that's about $2000 right there).   No gaming system.  No Starbucks.  Haven't been to a movie theater this decade; wait for it on TV.  These are things that aren't important to me; your unimportant distractions are for you to decide.  

Then what job choices move you toward a place out of the city?  Do you need a yearly travel vacation? Or is time with your animals better?  Can your job skills be applied from home?   And yeah, lose the credit card debt, that's just a black hole.  

My point is, it's a LOT of little individual choices, each moving a bit closer to where you want to be.  Today's frustration?  Um, no.  But making progress . . . .