• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do/did you guys control zoo urges?...

Recently, and specially because of the fact that I've returned to my former self; I've experienced increasingly strong zoo urges of any nature, from romantic, sexual, intimacy, mutual care, etc... etc... I just want to be with an animal.

The urges are extremely strong and are most definitely interfering with my daily life, in fact they are interfering itself with my plans to get a dog; I can't concentrate too much or take reasonable decisions if I am thinking about animals all the time.

I don't seem to hear anyone complaining of these kind of situation, people seem to be able to deal with it by just petting animals, but there's no such access in where I currently live; but seriously, this is getting out of hands for me.

So what do you do? or did you do before getting a partner to get your mind clear?

Hear about others' experiences.  Seriously, there is not enough time in life to literally try everything.  It's just the way it is.

Try writing. Forming your fantasies in a coherent story form, will hopefully bring order to your thoughts.

I remember back 50 years or so, I too was bedeviled by strong urges, what teenager isn't?

Quote:
34 minutes ago, Ramseys said:

Try writing. Forming your fantasies in a coherent story form, will hopefully bring order to your thoughts.

I remember back 50 years or so, I too was bedeviled by strong urges, what teenager isn't?

Writting will make me more obsessed lol, and I am pretty sure fantasies won't be coherent; I've tried drawing them.

Damn you are old O . O but I am not a teenager anymore, not really, even when technically I never finished puberty.

Quote:
44 minutes ago, Ramseys said:

what teenager isn't?

Exactly.  "Normal" people deal with the realization early on that the girl in math class or the guy in gym class isn't necessarily open to their interest.  You deal.  What works for you, some boner-killing thought you go to for the short term, the realization that the world just isn't made for people to get what they want, well, pretty much most of the time, for the long term.  And work to make your life better in the very long term.  

Or die.  Life isn't for the impatient.  Impulsive deer end up eaten.  Impulsive stud-colts get set down hard by the herd alpha, or hoofprints on their chest from that lovely estrus mare.  Impulsive people end up in a room with striped sunlight.

Quote:
8 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

Or die.  Life isn't for the impatient.  Impulsive deer end up eaten.  Impulsive stud-colts get set down hard by the herd alpha, or hoofprints on their chest from that lovely estrus mare.  Impulsive people end up in a room with striped sunlight.

So are you saying that if I can't control myself too well, I am going to end up in jail? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> but I do not fencehop or anything, I just get frustrated at home.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Cat said:

I just get frustrated at home.

We all have.  And still do.  You have to concentrate not to run off the road looking at that lovely Brahman cow. . . . .  

Life is like that.  Sorry.  For everyone, us "old" guys included.  It's not that we don't feel it.  

Though maybe it's regretting the short life of those that came before, than those that yet will.

Maybe write out a description of the kind of life-situation that would make you happy, in as much detail as you can think of, say, as a description of a typical day living your dream. Work backwards from there by analyzing what it would take for you to have that life and try to figure out everything you'd have to do to get there.

By the way, when you're describing your ideal day, it should include more than just petting the dog for 14 hours. That's a honeymoon, not a marriage, and it'd get pretty boring pretty fast.

You may find it helpful to learn to control your cash flow, and before you can do that effectively you have to know your spending habits. I did this after my divorce: everything I bought I kept a receipt for--EVERYTHING. Periodically, like once a week or once every two weeks, I went through the receipts and wrote down how much I'd spent in each of a few broad categories; food, fuel, utilities, rent, entertainment, miscellaneous. After a while of this I was able to recite to the penny the cost of the sandwich I brown-bagged for lunch, broken down by components.

Then you can compare your outflow to your income. Find ways to live cheaper without feeling like you're depriving yourself. Example: I quit buying factory-made cigarettes and went to pressing my own with a little machine. Vaping is an order of magnitude cheaper yet.

Eventually you learn to live below your means and can begin to save up money. Commercial banks are a ripoff, btw; find a credit union you can get into. It's amazing how much we waste money on, and money is one of the big keys to living your ideal life. Kill your television, don't succumb to advertising. Get a credit card that pays cash back, and pay off the entire balance each month.

All that should help keep your mind occupied until you can act on your goal.

Just to add, if you think you can do this without it making you crazier, try to find an animal shelter that will let you volunteer your services. Cleaning up waste will knock some of the idealistic glow off of pet ownership, and when you're ready you'll have a well-exercised set of skills. Just behave yourself.

Quote:
2 hours ago, threelegs said:

Maybe write out a description of the kind of life-situation that would make you happy, in as much detail as you can think of, say, as a description of a typical day living your dream. Work backwards from there by analyzing what it would take for you to have that life and try to figure out everything you'd have to do to get there.

By the way, when you're describing your ideal day, it should include more than just petting the dog for 14 hours. That's a honeymoon, not a marriage, and it'd get pretty boring pretty fast.

You may find it helpful to learn to control your cash flow, and before you can do that effectively you have to know your spending habits. I did this after my divorce: everything I bought I kept a receipt for--EVERYTHING. Periodically, like once a week or once every two weeks, I went through the receipts and wrote down how much I'd spent in each of a few broad categories; food, fuel, utilities, rent, entertainment, miscellaneous. After a while of this I was able to recite to the penny the cost of the sandwich I brown-bagged for lunch, broken down by components.

Then you can compare your outflow to your income. Find ways to live cheaper without feeling like you're depriving yourself. Example: I quit buying factory-made cigarettes and went to pressing my own with a little machine. Vaping is an order of magnitude cheaper yet.

Eventually you learn to live below your means and can begin to save up money. Commercial banks are a ripoff, btw; find a credit union you can get into. It's amazing how much we waste money on, and money is one of the big keys to living your ideal life. Kill your television, don't succumb to advertising. Get a credit card that pays cash back, and pay off the entire balance each month.

All that should help keep your mind occupied until you can act on your goal.

I did all that already in fact I even have passive income sources, and I have what would be considered a luxury bicycle, while I am not whealthy; my finances are in positive, I have an excess of 1000 euro per month, of course if I move and I get a dog that will reduce the excess.

In my perfect day, I'd wake up, and see my fur mate to my side and hug him and give him the good morning via cuddles, give him food, I'd go to work (or not if it's a weekend); come back home see my animal, eat, do some heavy petting (kissing, mutual grooming, cuddling) (which might or might not end in sex); go outside and explore the wilderness with my bike and him, conquer a hill, a frozen lake, cuddle him wherever we end up being (we'd be pretty tired); then come back home exhausted, some more heavy petting, and fall asleep cuddling (or if we get horny do something light then fall asleep cuddling).

That's pretty much the meaning of a romantic relationship to me.

I am planning on moving, I am figuring out the details, but it takes time; and simply that hurts, all the waiting.