• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any hobbyist vapers?

No, not after what I've been hearing on the news about people having lung problems from vaping.

Quote:
4 hours ago, HorseHoof said:

No, not after what I've been hearing on the news about people having lung problems from vaping.

Yeah.  Although probably the funniest thing I've ever seen is those videos of guys on surveillance cams when their vape batteries blew up in their pants....

Those people, are idiots.. I use the 'dangerous' devices (full mechanical), and I mix my own liquids.. I don't vape / use Chinese Black Market shit.

Also, the kids who have problems are using nicotine-based liquids, and salt nicotine (which is crazy strong, even for smokers)...

None fer me.  quit smoking (tobacco) years ago.  Still toke up occasionally.

Quote:
6 minutes ago, littlejohn said:

None fer me.  quit smoking (tobacco) years ago.  Still toke up occasionally.

Congrats for kicking the habit. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> I vape more for a bit of relaxation and ritual aspect.. I don't intend on doing tobacco..

I vaped for a few weeks then quit when people from all over the country started to have problems with it. I have enough physical issues as it is. That stuff doesn't seem safe anymore.

True, that's why I mix my own and do a shitload of research. Now, if you're buying mass-market shit then sure: I can relate.

Quote:
45 minutes ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

True, that's why I mix my own and do a shitload of research. Now, if you're buying mass-market shit then sure: I can relate.

Ah, I see. I stand corrected.

Quote:
On 10/7/2018 at 11:55 PM, threelegs said:

I vape; not as a hobby, though, I just do it to get the nicotine. Took it up several years ago as a way to save money, and man, does it ever! At the time, I was smoking those cigarettes with the brown wrappers and labeled 'cigars' because if they're not labeled as 'cigarettes' they dodge about $2.50 a pack in taxes ... still too much $$$. Got a V2 starter kit with two batteries and a flock of disposable carts which were mostly awful. Tried refilling the carts--gods, what a mistake. Found durable, cheap clearos and tried a bunch of different liquids, mostly cheap and nasty. I've come back to the V2 liquid, mostly because it's clean. My clearos last for months because they aren't getting gummed up with crap like they did with the cheap liquids. I just use their Platinum menthol, and I buy one bottle zero nic and one bottle 0.6% and mix them half-and-half when I refill the clearo. All this costs me about a buck a day, including the hardware.

I've also tried some of Apollo's liquids and they're pretty good too.

Real early on--like, within days--I started noticing that I was becoming really disgusted with the smell of cigarette smoke. Longer-term, I noticed that my lungs were clearing up. I've very rarely had trouble with batteries; think I may have gotten one that was DOA. And they replace them for free when they no longer take or hold a charge.

I did once buy a large tank, and the hit was fucking glorious, but I got rid of it when I realized that it could more or less come apart while I was filling it.

I think if I ever have to switch delivery systems, I'll get one of the kits that vapes dry leaf as well as liquid. ;-)

Congrats on kicking the habit! I've smoked for years pretty much, and started to become more of a problem when I couldn't run for too long, or I run out of breath too quick trying to lower a fully loaded trailer when hooking it to my truck.

Since I just now noticed this post, I'll add a little bit. I pretty much just use the basic stuff like Alto. I used to use Juul. But started to get problems with it. I had a bigger vape a long time ago, but I would hardly use it, and get right back to cigs again. It's been about 3 months now not smoking and feeling pretty good now.  Although, reading about how they're saying vapes are deadly now, and weirdly when I stopped smoking and moved to vaping. I was having some weird feelings. Which went away later.

Could be a chance I may get an actual device. If I can just not worry about it exploding later.

Quote:
2 hours ago, doge1 said:

Since I just now noticed this post, I'll add a little bit. I pretty much just use the basic stuff like Alto. I used to use Juul. But started to get problems with it. I had a bigger vape a long time ago, but I would hardly use it, and get right back to cigs again. It's been about 3 months now not smoking and feeling pretty good now.  Although, reading about how they're saying vapes are deadly now, and weirdly when I stopped smoking and moved to vaping. I was having some weird feelings. Which went away later.

Could be a chance I may get an actual device. If I can just not worry about it exploding later.

The 'explosions' are people pushing batteries too far in the 'mechanical mods'. The key to being safe with those is some basic safety guidelines and knowing Ohms Law for building Atomizer coils.

Never had a problem and I've been vaping for a few years now as a hobby.

I'd be happy to share what I know (even in DMs) if someone is interested in it.