• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardening

Mmm--

G.M. morning glories.  Just wait until our hormone-enhanced cows start tripping out on them... 

Quote:
44 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

G.M. morning glories.

Yep, this is where a very basic mistake was made.   The frankencorn is NOT roundup proof, it's "roundup resistant".   So you have to watch your application rates very closely to keep them in a narrow band just strong enough to kill the weeds and not strong enough to harm the corn.   So guess what happens to any weed with a little natural resistance?  

But just try to find any "heritage" corn to plant.   It costs twice what the frankencorn does.

Quote:
17 hours ago, caikgoch said:

It costs twice what the frankencorn does.

So like if you want to buy non-alcoholic gas for your equipment.  If you can even find it-- 

i got thrown out of my garden when my wife retired...seems she always wanted to do it and she added potatoes so i am real cool with that...got be careful now that i have acid reflux ...NO tomatoes for me ,,,sigh...

I need to add to the garden at work. Not sure what they will let me get away with as most of it has to be flowers. I did get some potatoes last year.

Quote:
20 hours ago, Bear28 said:

I need to add to the garden at work. Not sure what they will let me get away with as most of it has to be flowers. I did get some potatoes last year.

Sunflowers are good, if you can keep the bugs out of them.

good idea