• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Version 5

Meh.  I used to play the advocacy card.  Made me feel less helpless.

All I can advise after having done it is:  don't.  If someone wants to listen, you'll most likely know and then maybe it's ok.  But that's about the only exception.

Quote:
On 9/10/2019 at 11:59 PM, cervids said:

Meh.  I used to play the advocacy card.  Made me feel less helpless.

All I can advise after having done it is:  don't.  If someone wants to listen, you'll most likely know and then maybe it's ok.  But that's about the only exception.

Well, I am not one for advocacy myself. It doesn't hurt to have the document, especially for those that are seeking therapy for zoophilia or the issues surrounding it. Not to mention if someone that got screamed at and happens across this post and just needs reassurance that a good therapist knows that they can't particularly get treatment for zoophilia itself.

Quote:
18 hours ago, P0rtalW0lf said:

Well, I am not one for advocacy myself. It doesn't hurt to have the document, especially for those that are seeking therapy for zoophilia or the issues surrounding it. Not to mention if someone that got screamed at and happens across this post and just needs reassurance that a good therapist knows that they can't particularly get treatment for zoophilia itself.

Advocacy can be a good thing: especially for the study and well-being of non-humans... But, on certain platforms or with certain individuals it's for-sure a wasted cause. This document does at least provide some proof of us not being 'mentally ill' or 'insane'.

Quote:
3 minutes ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

Advocacy can be a good thing: especially for the study and well-being of non-humans... But, on certain platforms or with certain individuals it's for-sure a wasted cause. This document does at least provide some proof of us not being 'mentally ill' or 'insane'.

Right, you don't want to bother having to basically yell at someone who flat out refuses to at least have some sort of debate and opts for just calling you names like a child or saying they want to harm you or your animals. That kind of thing should not be tolerated regardless if the people involved are zoophiles or not.

Advocate for what exactly? No, that takes us off topic. Make that a topic where it belongs outside of Reference Material. Or don't.

The reference is a good link for folks who want to use it. Thanks for posting it <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/3333-p0rtalw0lf/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3333" href="<___base_url___>/profile/3333-p0rtalw0lf/">@P0rtalW0lf</a>. 

sw

Quote:
23 hours ago, P0rtalW0lf said:

Right, you don't want to bother having to basically yell at someone who flat out refuses to at least have some sort of debate and opts for just calling you names like a child or saying they want to harm you or your animals. That kind of thing should not be tolerated regardless if the people involved are zoophiles or not.

Just.  Don't.  Tell.  Them.  

All you just said graphically illustrates why to just STFU about your little secret.  "Someone who refuses to have some sort of debate and opts for calling you names or saying they want to harm you or your animals" is just the sort of person you want to let live their lives without getting in their face about it.  Why would you even bring it up?  Do you routinely stop in traffic and get in the face of Dodge Ram drivers?  Or people wearing Maga Hats?  Cripes, man, it's not up to you to tell other people what to think privately.  Trying to force opinions onto other people seldom ends well.  Like, um, threatening to harm you or your animals.

You've taken one example and substituted it as the only plausible situation, bears noting.  Not really fair.

Either way this is indeed off topic.  I was only replying to statements made re twitter.

Your example--   And WTF are you doing trying to debate this on social media?  Specifically trying to create public spectacle?

Again, make this "Advocacy" debate a separate topic in the General forum. Last warning.

sw

Quote:
On 9/22/2019 at 6:11 AM, silverwolf1 said:

Again, make this "Advocacy" debate a separate topic in the General forum. Last warning.

sw

Luckily, I don't plan on replying to the posts that go off topic after that first warning. Thanks for the heads up without just locking or deleting the thread, though.