• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Version 5

I found a copy of the DSM 5 and I thought it would be wise to link it here. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/13fipd9-...p=drivesdk)

The only reference to zoophilia is on page 705 of the manual (not virtual page number, but in the actual document). It is classified as "Other Specified Paraphilic Disorder", meaning they can only treat the issues surrounding zoophilia and not zoophilia itself. It is honestly worth a look.

Looks good, also note that 'paraphilic disorder' only qualifies if someone is distressed by their attraction, or it impairs their function in daily life: OR causes harm to the individual or others.

It's been listed in that category for some time now, IIRC.

At any rate, matters little when the standard for reporting where I am is me being at risk of commiting a felony of some type, and guess what bestiality is...

This isn't really a step forward.  It's just one teency area in which we have not regressed.  But whatever, better than nothing I 'spose.

Well, for people like me who are new to the forum, or newer than me that ask themselves if therapy can "fix" them, it would be useful to know. And interesting when compared to subjects like pedophilia (as others have done outside of the zoo community) that are listed 50 times within the DSM. But that isn't the topic, so I know not to go too deep on that subject.

Quote:
39 minutes ago, cervids said:

It's been listed in that category for some time now, IIRC.

At any rate, matters little when the standard for reporting where I am is me being at risk of commiting a felony of some type, and guess what bestiality is...

This isn't really a step forward.  It's just one teency area in which we have not regressed.  But whatever, better than nothing I 'spose.

Because I forgot to quote...

<iframe allowfullscreen="" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedcontent="" data-embedid="embed3254898422" scrolling="no" src="<___base_url___>/topic/857-the-diagnostic-and-statistical-manual-of-mental-disorders-version-5/?do=embed&comment=9432&embedComment=9432&embedDo=findComment" style="height:250px;max-width:502px;"></iframe>

It's a wonderful thing to have on hand when someone starts throwing down "facts" to prove we are evil.  Just quote the standard and grin.

Quote:
3 hours ago, caikgoch said:

It's a wonderful thing to have on hand when someone starts throwing down "facts" to prove we are evil.  Just quote the standard and grin.

I can agree to this. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> The amount of people who've tried to scream 'THERAPY' to me without even knowing how Psychotherapy works or what it's supposed to do is ludicrous...

Well THERE's your problem!   Just don't tell them!  None of their frackin' bizness....

Quote:
On 9/6/2019 at 4:52 PM, heavyhorse said:

Well THERE's your problem!   Just don't tell them!  None of their frackin' bizness....

I only tell someone if they ask or are curious.

Quote:
14 hours ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

I only tell someone if they ask or are curious.

And from the reactions you got on Twitter a few times prior to your departure from that platform, this is true.