3.85%
Human
0%
Other?
3.85%
26 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Species is your main lover/partner?

Quote:
On 11/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, cervids said:

I don't have a partner.  I likely never will.  I have some disabilities that make caring for an animal almost impossible.

So yeah, in fantasy-never-gonna-happen land, Deer.  I'll probably be lucky if I ever experience love at all though, frankly.

I do know I'll cherish it when it comes, whatever form.

Same here. I'm a wolf lover at heart. If I ever get the chance, I will start a pack.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Oregon said:

Very wise words... some thing to think on.....pity a lot of rescues are nurtured before release. Still, plenty that come direct from homes who cant cope or where they have 'misbehaved' in the eyes of their owners.

Indeed.  Just give up on adopting from Agencies, Societies, Rescues, etc., at least in the USA.  They all neuter, they all collect personal info.

Craigslist is your friend.  Use their anonymous relay email, NOT phone or text.  Meet in a public place.  

Quote:
10 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

They all neuter, they all collect personal info.

Similar in Europe now too.....time to look elsewhere.

It isn't (wasn't?) a "what" but a "who" for me, and that "who" just happened to be a Border Collie, twice.

I have some sexual, just because we wanted to, experience with other dogs but not much and though fun it was nothing to write home about.

I have had a shitload of experience with women, with mostly the same results. There was one I thought I loved, but she died, and the sex was only good because the love was. I looked for love again, after a period of grief that wasn't all that long really. I was more torn up by my childhood dog Ginger dying. Ginger and I used to do things and hold each other through the storms.

I met Tippy. You've heard the rest before. No woman has compared since. I haven't let one even try. Shadow did, which surprised me. She went beyond everything Tippy was and is to me, at night in our bed, emotionally in caring and loving, and in being with me.

Each had an individuality, a presence, an intelligence and personality all their own that attracted me more than any of their fantastic physical traits, and when we did have sex it wasn't that I was fucking a dog that made it exciting, it was that I was making love to "her".

After Shadow in particular, though after Tippy it would have been difficult too, random sex for sex sake just doesn't have any appeal.

sw

My best friend ever, confidant, buddy, son by a different father, I NEVER  had sex with.  He was too big, and I don't swing that way anyway.  

That was over 20 years ago.  To this day, horses, mares, just have no appeal anymore, sexual or otherwise.  That's why I didn't vote "Horse", in spite of years of history with them.  

I have been very close to a few very special horses approx 20+ years ago. Those who I would say know me heart and soul and I would do anything for. Sadly time has taken its toll and they are no longer with us. I do not seek to replace them, as they were, and are irreplaceable, but I know over time, my path will cross with another beautiful soul who I connect with in such a beautiful way. Such was the beauty and intimacy (not necessarily sexual) of our relationships that I cannot forgo that love again.....   

Quote:
On 11/15/2019 at 2:34 AM, cervids said:

I don't have a partner.  I likely never will.  I have some disabilities that make caring for an animal almost impossible.

So yeah, in fantasy-never-gonna-happen land, Deer.  I'll probably be lucky if I ever experience love at all though, frankly.

I do know I'll cherish it when it comes, whatever form.

I'm severely disabled as well. I think society has pretty much failed people like us.

Quote:
9 hours ago, HorseHoof said:

I'm severely disabled as well. I think society has pretty much failed people like us.

In my case at least, It's not so much society has failed me as I have failed myself.

I am economically in acceptable conditions to sustain an animal.  I have a good amount of money stored away.  None of that is the issue.

It's more general dysfunction of myself that limits me...  I can't live on my own, to be honest, so how could I even dream of supporting another?

Still, I don't pretend it's forever.  Depression is a helluva condition and quite a mountain to climb, but someday, maybe I will manage it.  I hold out hope.

Quote:
7 hours ago, cervids said:

Depression is a helluva condition and quite a mountain to climb, but someday, maybe I will manage it.  I hold out hope.

In varying degrees, many of us here climb that mountain daily. Hope, not all hoping for the same things but hope of something, is what gets us through.

sw

Quote:
9 hours ago, cervids said:

In my case at least, It's not so much society has failed me as I have failed myself.

I am economically in acceptable conditions to sustain an animal.  I have a good amount of money stored away.  None of that is the issue.

It's more general dysfunction of myself that limits me...  I can't live on my own, to be honest, so how could I even dream of supporting another?

Still, I don't pretend it's forever.  Depression is a helluva condition and quite a mountain to climb, but someday, maybe I will manage it.  I hold out hope.

Well, I have physical conditions as well as depression and autism. My main attraction is toward horses, unfortunately. Money really isn't the issue for me as well. But money can't fix the problems that I already have.