3.85%
Human
0%
Other?
3.85%
26 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Species is your main lover/partner?

Quote:
40 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

Sexiest creatures alive.  Beautiful bodies and a mind to match.... 

Oh I agree.....beautiful, sexy bodies......

Quote:
3 hours ago, Oregon said:

Oh I agree.....beautiful, sexy bodies......

Don't underrate their mind; they aren't just a gorgeous body that dispassionately lays there.

If you have any kind of relationship at all, they are so intuitive that she will pick up on little cues you don't even realize you are sending, learn over time to improve your experience, do things you might expect during estrus but every day, things I'm pretty sure only bitches are capable of, with her internal muscling..... 

Oh wow......that sounds amazing..........I have had the pleasure of being a Dane owner.....it will come though .....I just think they are so sexy! But I am glad to hear they are intelligent and thoughtful too....thoughtful with a view to sexual......? I like to think so and you post suggests it.

Quote:
14 minutes ago, Oregon said:

I have **NOT** had the pleasure of being a Dane owner

One word makes all the difference!

Um, yeah; words will attack you and throw you under the truck if you let them.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Quote:
1 hour ago, Oregon said:

But I am glad to hear they are intelligent and thoughtful too....thoughtful with a view to sexual......?

Not just sexual.  Now I'm sure there is the usual range of mental capacity with Danes that is typical for all species, including human (ESPECIALLY human!  LOL), but their intuitiveness and desire to learn what you want seems unique.  The Services use Gsd-type dogs, but we've owned a few of them, no comparison to Danes.  I found Gsd's to be strong-willed, obstinate and self-centered when trying to train, and run off if given the least chance.  I got a Dane bitch for free, as an "OUTLAW", smartest easiest to train dog I've ever known.  Only had to tell her ONCE, don't go down to the county road.  ONCE, that the baby lamb I was raising in the utility room was mine (and by extension all lambs and all sheep), and that the armadillos were hers.  Not to touch the fence because I said so (not because the controller is set to "Flash Fry" for the rams, studs, bulls).  To stay nearby when we're cutting wood or fixing fence so as not to piss off  unduly provoke the neighbors.  The other Danes have been nearly as willing.  (Had one that took 6 weeks to develop any "home range" instinct, but she was the exception.)  And they stay home when in heat.  I put them in their pen at night in case we have any "visitors", but otherwise they just hang around.  (OK, yeah, maybe they know where their "Old Man" is, but still that's doing pretty good.....) 

I am keener than ever to have a Dane of my own now......but that's a matter for time and place........soon with luck.

The fantastic Dane I had was a rescue. She had been in a puppy mill.

Had to teach her to go up and down steps. Took her a long time to get over the shock of someone walking up and just pet her.

Took six months for her lay on her side. (She just stayed in the 'lay down ready to flee' mode.)

Once she got over all that... She turned into a massive slut. Half hour 'eat me' sessions. Wanting to be on top. Grabbing my hand and dragging me back to the bedroom.

That's why I said, "Dogs are nice if you have one that likes to zoo with you."

Quote:
12 minutes ago, Ramseys said:

She turned into a massive slut. Half hour 'eat me' sessions. Wanting to be on top. Grabbing my hand and dragging me back to the bedroom

This sounds utterly amazing! What a perfect bitch!!

Quote:
13 hours ago, Ramseys said:

The fantastic Dane I had was a rescue.

THIS !!! 

Every single Dane I've ever had was a rescue, giveaway, re-home, dumped, left behind when moving, unwanted by breeder for having the wrong color puppies, outlaw for fighting with relatives, knocked over toddlers, owner died or divorced, chased chickens, pooped(!).   

I've only had one puppy in my life, a Dobie when I was about 10 yo.  (Relevant detail:  DO NOT clip dog ears....)

I strongly suggest NOT running out and buying a puppy.  Dane puppies do all the puppy stuff, but at 100Lbs at a time. Think home demolition.  Burying volkswagens in the back yard.  House training a buffalo. 

I would say earliest age for settling down is about 1 1/2 or 2 years.

And don't underestimate those old bitches.    [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
7 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

I strongly suggest NOT running out and buying a puppy.  Dane puppies do all the puppy stuff, but at 100Lbs at a time. Think home demolition.

Very wise words... some thing to think on.....pity a lot of rescues are nurtured before release. Still, plenty that come direct from homes who cant cope or where they have 'misbehaved' in the eyes of their owners.