• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Anime

God if some of my past animals could talk i be in major trouble.

Spike be "Fuck now! Get down so i can knot you!"

Quote:
9 hours ago, Bear28 said:

God if some of my past animals could talk i be in major trouble.

Spike be "Fuck now! Get down so i can knot you!"

I  see how talking animals belong strictly to movies and tv shows and not in real life for Zoos at least. Changing the subject slightly what about taking a magic pill that allows you to become any animal species for one hour.

Quote:
9 hours ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

what about taking a magic pill that allows you to become any animal species for one hour.

I dunno. This is a tough one. 

On the one side: In a Perfect World Scenario, where their lives are what we dream they are instead of what I reasonably know their lives to be, I'd almost like to be a Wolf. Knowing the actual hard life they really live, and the way that I as an interloping lone wolf would be treated by any established pack, I say why?

One the other side, among my animals: The relationship between us, and what makes it what it is, what made it what it was with my lovers, is that we were different. That I was NOT a dog to their bitch, but a human. That she was not a woman to my human, but a bitch. That I was me and she was her. That I was "silverwolf" and she was Shadow, or before her, Tippy. I wouldn't change that, or wish it so.

Nor would I wish changed the special relationship I have with the others, the way we communicate, feel, friend each other. That WOULD change were I to suddenly become a horse among them, fighting the herd dynamic.

Even if to stay apart from the others and run a bit with the Pal, Misty, who doesn't yet accept the herd as hers. She begins to accept me, as me. Were I to be a horse, even for a bit, beside her beauty, run with that flowing mane, share breath & wrap heads over bulging necks.. oh, a dream.. but a sharp and painful one when the progress I've made disappears in the aftermath. No, a human is who I want her to know, and maybe someday love...

sw

Quote:
54 minutes ago, silverwolf1 said:

instead of what I reasonably know their lives to be

Yeah that's the thing.  You might be able to hold it off for an hour, assuming you weren't actually a full-on animal and retained human sentience, and knew to stay put and hide out for your 6o minutes.  But animal's lives can go from a struggle to "someone's dinner" or "industrial waste" in a flash.  Sometimes a flash of teeth and claw, sometimes a 30-06 flash, or a blur of 2 tons of steel and chrome, or an unexpected trip from all you've ever known to the sale barn.  It ain't all Disney out there; just ask Bambi's mom.  As humans we can do our best to make the lives of the few we have control over more like we hope they would like it to be (and even so we are sadly deficient in the power to do so).  As an animal we would be even more at the mercy of events than we are as humans.  

Or some would say more at the mercy of "stupid" than we already are..... 

Could you imagine your flare inside a yummy mare?

I like the Studio Ghibli anime's, one of my favorites being Porco Rosso, where a World War I pilot did someone wrong and got himself turned into a pig.

It seems that Porco Rosso has been re-released with new dubbing by Disney.  Have to wonder how badly they mutilated it, or maybe I don't want to know.  The Ghibli films are wonderful stories that transcend the culture gap quite well.  Competent artwork, too.

in one scene, Porco carefully examines what is clearly a 6.5x52mm Mannlicher-Carcano cartridge (gun geek here) and grumbles, "That kid sold me rusty cartridges!"

Another quote: "I'm a Pig, not a Fascist!"

Quote:
8 hours ago, DingoJay said:

I like the Studio Ghibli anime's, one of my favorites being Porco Rosso, where a World War I pilot did someone wrong and got himself turned into a pig.

Studio Ghibili's Hayao Miyazaki is an incredible storyteller . Spirited Away is my favorite.