• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Anime

Anyone here watch anime? My favorite is wolf's rain:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf's_Rain

" It focuses on the journey of four lone wolves who cross paths while following the scent of the Lunar Flower and seeking Paradise. "

Two other animal anime are

"Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin" (Silver Fang Shooting Star Silver):

The series tells the story of an Akita Inu pup called Gin (Japanese for "silver") who leaves his master, a young boy named Daisuke, to join a pack of wild dogs.

Very graphic.

And the sequel:

Ginga Densetsu Weed (Silver Fang Legend Weed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginga_Legend_Weed

And not forget the Furry Anime "Beastars":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beastars

Every character is a furry:

Legoshi, a large gray wolf, is a timid and quiet student of Cherryton Academy where he lives in a dorm with several other carnivorous students including his outgoing Labrador friend, Jack.

Liked Wolf's Rain. Im an old school guy though. Akarra, 999 Galaxy Express, and Vampire Hunter D are some of my favorites.

umm, I kinda liked Pokemon fer a while back in the day. Does that count?

sw

Quote:
3 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

sw

I kinda hated it.  Too overblown.  Talking dogs seem super-real by comparison.  Completely meh for the whole genre.  

Quote:
15 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

sw

Yeah Pokemon is/was awesome. I remember seeing the movie twice to collect the trading cards. Probably collected around 1500 trading cards. I remember opening a pack of cards and getting a Holo Charizard. For people not familiar with Pokemon a first edition Charizard is the holy grail. Mine wasn't first edition but still sought after

Quote:
10 hours ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

Yeah Pokemon is/was awesome. I remember seeing the movie twice to collect the trading cards. Probably collected around 1500 trading cards. I remember opening a pack of cards and getting a Holo Charizard. For people not familiar with Pokemon a first edition Charizard is the holy grail. Mine wasn't first edition but still sought after

Oh lawdy, I wasn't that familiar with it. I just watched the cartoons once in a while when Scooby Doo wasn't on.

Quote:
22 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I kinda hated it.  Too overblown.  Talking dogs seem super-real by comparison.  Completely meh for the whole genre.  

Only one talking dog I like. See above. No, I can't say that though. There was "Lady" from "Lady & the Tramp". She was kinda hot when I was a kid.. That's not Anime though. I dunno, I can't really say too much, I'm not really that familiar with the whole genre. What I have seen just seems a whole lot of all the same story lines, over-emphasized faces and bad battle scenes.. and dragons. Or Transformers.  Too 'Japanese' and too Japanese idea of what western people & animals look like and live. The Koreans do better with Scooby Doo, but they have American writers & directors, and artists in post.

sw

Quote:
13 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

while when Scooby Doo wasn't on.

Don't we all wish our own dogs could talk so you could have conversations with them?

Quote:
On 7/9/2020 at 8:32 PM, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

Don't we all wish our own dogs could talk so you could have conversations with them?

Are you KIDDING!? Tippy was all attitude WITHOUT a voice! She'd have been great to talk to myself (and was, just to get things off my mind), but she'd have been ROYAL HELL on most of my relatives! LOL!

Besides, communication takes many forms and that shared with our non-human companions is better than the 'wordy' and mostly useless human interaction I've found.

sw

Quote:
2 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

Besides, communication takes many forms and that shared with our non-human companions is better than the 'wordy' and mostly useless human interaction I've found.

OH GAWD YES!  Spare me from the human drama!!   

Quote:
On 7/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

You kidding?  With all the secrets they know?  And animals' inherent honesty?  Just one person says "And how was your day?" to one of my bitches....?  

I guess I see what you guys mean. I was more thinking a Dr Dolittle where only you and your pets can speak to each other, not the whole world. But yes I see the danger of pets being too honest for their own good.