• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a question on sexual pheromones

Quote:
14 hours ago, threelegs said:

Humans do have pheromone responses; they're just of a sort that we aren't conscious of. A famous example is that of women's dorms at college: all the women's reproductive cycles go into synchronization.

This is also true of offices where several women work together in close proximity on a daily basis.  Or so I've been told by some of the women involved.  Pheromones would be a fair assumption; there could be other factors at play here, though.

I can't be sure of this, but I think I also read that the women all synch to an alpha female.

Quote:
On 10/28/2017 at 5:56 PM, threelegs said:

Humans do have pheromone responses; they're just of a sort that we aren't conscious of. A famous example is that of women's dorms at college: all the women's reproductive cycles go into synchronization.

This is actually not true. Studies on it have suggested that what happens is more or less coincidence. The cycles are not perfectly 28 days- there's individual variation (so one is at 27 days, another is maybe 31) and when you have multiple repeating patterns that are imperfect, they're going to overlap eventually. The other thing that happens is that people don't generally bring it up unless they're overlapping and conformation bias happens.

To the topic at hand, I've noticed some animals do react to other species in heat with extra interest, attention, and sexual responses. I would be curious to see if this is some unintended side effect of domestication or if it's just more noticeable in domestics because we spend more time with them.

I can testify that bitches on the same premises will synchronize heats.  Which I find quite irritating, BTW.  Go 6 months with no estrus females, then all at once.

We need inserts like they have for estrus timing in cattle.  Get them on a schedule so someone comes in heat each 30 days.  Give a guy a break, girls. . . . .