• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telegram

Quote:
5 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

But Google still has the best Search algorithms anywhere, esp if you don't know what you don't know, and don't know what to ask for.  As I've said elsewhere, only use it for "sensitive" searching using a dedicated Privacy Browser (not just click "private browsing").  One that by design and default blocks tracking, doesn't save history, isolates tabs and windows from each other (so sites you visit can't see what other sites you visit), has a proxy, in a remote location.     

Absolutely. Firefox with proper settings, or simpler, with less work: Brave. Even Brave's sync is nothing bu ta hexadecimal code.

Quote:
5 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

@WGW:  Always appreciated.  Thx.   

No problem, always glad to try and help when I can. I can be over-analytical at times, but I find it pays off on occasion. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

FWIW, I'm actually involved in a bit of IT security, and pretty much what WGW said is spot on.  Telegram is fine, people are your loophole.

Quote:
4 hours ago, cervids said:

FWIW, I'm actually involved in a bit of IT security, and pretty much what WGW said is spot on.  Telegram is fine, people are your loophole.

Indeed.  As far as 60 MB of App code, it's not evil or likely to drag you under the truck and rape you.

The problem lies with what people think it is, that they are safe doing, saying, posting, anything with anyone, with no thought.  Advertising on other sites that they sell snuff videos over Telegram.  Or replying/trading stuff.  (How many possible leaks does something like that have?)  Because "I'm safe, it's Telegram".

Quote:
58 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

ndeed.  As far as 60 MB of App code, it's not evil or likely to drag you under the truck and rape you.

The problem lies with what people think it is, that they are safe doing, saying, posting, anything with anyone, with no thought.  Advertising on other sites that they sell snuff videos over Telegram.  Or replying/trading stuff.  (How many possible leaks does something like that have?)  Because "I'm safe, it's Telegram".

You're absolutely right here HH, the massive problem isn't just the code though: the main problem in most / all of these instances, rolls right back around ot human stupidity. Or, more aptly, as we and others have said before: people putting too much faith in zeros and ones based on electrical impulse voltages and magnetism (computers).

Major rule and ROLE of OpenBSD for example: "we don't give two piles of horse shit if it's out of date, never trust, and ALWAYS audit your code!"