• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What song are you listening to?

My music today- Cowboy songs
First, and favorite: Chris LeDoux "Riding for a Fall"

Nice 666th post [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]
Just got done listening to Metallica- and justice for all

Fly by Night... Rush.

"I'm Going Slightly Mad" by Queen.
But that may just be the voices in my head. ; )

Glen miller band

With a zoo story that I am writing now in its fourth chapter, a certain song has been very much on my mind lately.
A major character in the story has just been introduced, a fishing boat skipper who is very important to the Main Human Character (MHC). During the sing-a-long portion of a celebration at sea, honoring the MHC, who has just joined the crew, the Cap'n breaks out his concertina, and sings a song he wrote about his lost love.
In writing that song, I was thinking of a song by the Moody Blues, written and sung by Ray Thomas, titled "For My Lady".
My boat sails stormy seas                                                                                                                     
Battles oceans, filled with tears                                                                                                               
At last, my port's in view                                                                                                                         
Now that I've discovered you
Oh I'd give my life so lightly                                                                                                                    
For my gentle lady                                                                                                                                
Give it freely and completely                                                                                                                    
To my lady
As life goes drifting by                                                                                                                          
Like a breeze, she'll gently sigh                                                                                                               
And slowly bow her head                                                                                                                       
Then you'll hear her softly cry
For my gentle lady                                                                                                                                
To my lady  
Words that you say when we're alone                                                                                             
Though actions speak louder than words                                                                                                  
But all I can say, is I love you so                                                                                                               
To drive away all my hurt
For my gentle lady                                                                                                                                
To my lady 
Set sail before the sun                                                                                                                           
Feel the warmth that's just begun                                                                                                           
Share each and every dream                                                                                                                
They belong to everyone
For my gentle lady                                                                                                                                
To my lady 
Furthermore, after the Cap'n is done with his own song, I was wanting to write in the MHC singing For My Lady, as both the Cap'n and the MHC would later learn that they both have something very special and tragic in common.
Which raises a question that is probably off-topic for both this thread and this part of the forum: Is it "okay" to include complete, credited song lyrics in a story, as I have done in this post?
I would ask this question in the appropriate section, but I cannot find a section that is clearly intended for an inquiry of this sort.
Some guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Resident Hyaena ^..^

Help!
Post will not format
Post cannot be edited
Post cannot be deleted
Post cannot be reported
Help!

Resident Hyaena ^..^

I'm still waiting on getting Jed to help me with the edit timer, if it can be changed. What would you like me to do with this post?
sw

In the short term - for the above garbled post - I would need to have the above disrupted song lyrics column restored.
If it cannot be done, then the entire post would need to be deleted..
In the longer term, there appear to be multiple problems. I will try again to get them posted at the technical section.

Resident Hyaena ^..^

Done.
sw