• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a theory but it might help

Ive been watching my mares more now that i got them at my place finally and been trying different things to see how they respond and found out that they respond to my adavances more when I have not showered for that day or used any deodorant or things that smell. This was not a planned thing just had a bunch of stuff to do and wanted to beat the heat then just got lazy.  Im sure you all knew this but just wanted to point it out and i know each horse is different but it is worth a try, going to test it out again tonight.  

It would make sense as believe it or not your sweat has pheromones in it, and most get washed off your body by taking frequent showers or covered up by deodorant or colognes.. I'm not suggesting you stop taking showers altogether lol, it just helps if they can smell your pheromones when your around them..

I plan on continuing my shower routine, but on the days i spend with the horses, i might have to forgo the shower

Right don't be like me; I'm known around town as that stinky zoo who never bathes [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]
Lol Joking
But I've noticed the same with canines, if I refrain from taking a shower until nighttime, and I've been working and sweating all day; dogs were attracted to me more than normal (which is saying something as they love being around me as it is); animals like natural smells, we've been taught not to, and to cover them up.. But animals use smells as a way to identify someone, so it helps when u smell the way u naturally should, and not cover it up with colognes..