• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoos who are missing from the community

thanks for the info...painful as it is...lost a couple of people this yr. so i am glad he is just in jail...

I should have added... Boda passed away suddenly last november.  Fellow minnesotan dog zoo.  Great friend and i will miss him greatly.  He was somewat active on telegram and was real active on IRC.

hard not to wonder how many disappearances were covid related

Ya the lock downs really did drive up the suicide rates. Sad that so many who didn't die from covid took their own lives.

Quote:
On 7/20/2017 at 7:46 PM, Hiway said:

Tuskyn, from MD

Dolphin from Middle East / Africa  (red sea)

Polecat from West coast 

The Phoenix, USA

Sniper, USA 

RooZoo, USA 

Tyger Cowboy, USA

Kishor Wolf, USA

Shuunka  / DogRose.

Wolfheart. west

Malichi. Alaska

Kanga 

Justin Wolf,  Missouri

4 on that list above (and I'd wager more) are around but would probably not wish to have attention drawn to them.  It's no accident that people started to feel unsafe at first in the mid 2000s and then again in the mid 2010s.  I wonder what's in store for 2025?

Quote:
On 9/12/2022 at 9:37 PM, Kharrs said:

4 on that list above (and I'd wager more) are around but would probably not wish to have attention drawn to them.  It's no accident that people started to feel unsafe at first in the mid 2000s and then again in the mid 2010s.  I wonder what's in store for 2025?

This is so.  Though some may be around with new or different usernames, having abandoned the ones where they said or did too much that could be tracked back to them, after unsafe venues, new technology, or legislation compromised their existing account safety. 

There are several on this list I know personally.

I feel it a dis-service to them to make any sort of statement that doesn't respect their privacy, for that is what they have chosen, to remain private.

Why would they chose such? Possible reasons:

They have the friends they associate, and that is enough for them.

They are not looking to make new friends.

They are not interested in mentoring, providing animals, teaching the trade, arguing on the internet, etc.

They have moved on, so to speak.

They have passed away.

They . . . .

You get the idea.

If it is critical that an individual get in touch with another for a specific concern or worry that is directly related to them, the best way is to give permission for your contact info to be passed to them, perhaps with a message of desired contact.

Agree.  If I want to interact with someone and there's a mutual acquaintance, I ask the mutual to pass my information along with a request for an email.

It's definitely possible that some of the people have purposefully decided to change names. I myself have gone through several different usernames over the years, one of which I had to burn. It's possible in the future, after my beloved newfoundland has passed away, that I may choose to go by a different username. Or... I may keep it around to honor her memory when that time comes. It's not exactly something I like to think about, even though I know that fate is inevitable.

What also kind of concerns me is the various posts in this thread where their city/state is listed beside their usernames. But then again, this maybe just my perspective and philosophy of "the less you know about me personally, the better" especially when it comes to PII.

It’s nice to see a scholarly website dedicated to the writings of elder zoos. I’m still searching for a complete collection of the works of Dobbin. He was a good friend long ago but sadly I have not spoken to him since the turn of the millennium. I’m slightly saddened that other notable zoo philosophers haven’t been listed here as either missing or known. I was once know as Larr Kahn back in the 90’s. I don’t think any of my writing was ever saved as most of it was philosophical conversations with other zoos on various MUDs and MUSHs and other talkers.i am still searching for Dobbin or at least his lost writings. So if anyone finds him or knows where a complete collection of his writings are I’d be very grateful. If I had know so much written text would be lost from internet I would have taken more care to preserve the printed archives I had created.