Do you believe it's possible to stop being a zoophile?
Yes
23.08%
No
76.92%
26 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suppress Sexual Urges?

The reason being that I'm asking this is curiosity.. I tried to be "normal" at one point and be in a relationship with a human, couldn't have sex or connect with them and failed miserably, went right back to animals.. I personally couldn't change who I was emotionally and sexually attracted to, now I realize it was ridiculous to try, animals are so much more loyal than people.. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

My vote is yes, but I don't think it's a simple yes.

I think that it's posible to change behavior enough that one would no longer see non-humans as a viable sexual partner. That said, I don't imagine it would be easy to do as there are likely numerous influences which would affect a person's orientation, with not all people arriving at the same result (zoophilia) from the same causes. It may not work in all cases and I think it would be even more difficult to reassign the sexual desire in another direction, say to a typical heterosexual relationship.

This to me opens up another question, why would it be desireable to do so? Where there is no harm being done, I don't think it would ever be warranted. In cases where social pressures or the like are the driving factor, I think it would be easier to get the individual to resolve those conflicts instead.

Like many, I have a history of failed attempts to "be normal", I do not know if strong positive interactions with humans or negative ones with non-humans would have altered that, but I am open to the possibility that it could have.

Studies done raising young sheep with goats and young goats with sheep have shown that species preference is certainly maleable among mamals, that early influences in the environment can have dramatic effects.

Right I agree it will vary from person to person, after all there are different categories of zoophilia.. for some its just a kink, they could stop anytime, some its a sexual urge along with a romantic attraction, that they identify themselves as who they are..

I've actually been studying into sexual aversion therapy, and there is no cure for zoophilia, there is therapy treatment, also medicine that can be taken that suppresses sexual urges, but as soon as you take either away, most of the time the person reverts back to their "natural" state..

To answer your question, there could be several reasons to seek treatment, some people have this attraction, and don't wish to live that way or it could be a court order, for instance if they live in a state with those laws..

Being zoophile could complicate relationships between a human/human couple if your not exclusive to animals..

It's illegal being the big one.. lol

PS: not saying just because something is illegal you shouldn't do it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

In my case it would be all the times I've impulsively had sex with other peoples animals that showed interest in me, betraying their owners.. sometimes I wonder if it would be better if I wasn't a zoophile.. but then I would have never meet my soulmate, although our time together was brief......

When I tried to make it work with humans, it wasn't just a couple dates and nope no attractions to humans, for two years I suppressed my feelings, tried to ignore them, tried to make human relationships work, but the whole time all I could think about was the dog I was in love with and forced to leave behind, and it hurt, more than anything...

Anyways the people I tried to be with left because I'm unlovable or I couldn't have sex (couldn't get it up) all of it made things worse, I got extremely depressed, and felt completely alone.. I guess that's how I'd feel if I weren't zoophile because I can't connect with anyone except animals, but maybe its how it should be, because I can't take falling for another dog again, just to lose them..

If it wasn't possible, I'd likely be dead. 

I have a very bad heart.  That being said, I can stop the sex.  I can never stop being a zoo.

Quote:
15 hours ago, Rannoch said:

If it wasn't possible, I'd likely be dead. 

I have a very bad heart.  That being said, I can stop the sex.  I can never stop being a zoo.

Right, I couldn't see my romantic attraction to dogs stopping as it's always been there, but the sexual attraction complicates things, for various reasons, maybe I'm foolish for questioning the fact that I would even be able to stop though.. that's like telling a straight guy he can never have sex again, how did you do it? Aren't you ever tempted to have sex?

Quote:

Aren't you ever tempted to have sex?

Yes, but I'd rather my heart keeps beating.

EDIT:  It deserves a bit more thought than that, maybe.

Yes, I've thought about it.  Truth be told I doubt I've got 10 years anyway (doctors assessment, not mine), so why give a fuck?  But then I remember the memories I carry, and they are worth too much to me.  I must endure.  I must live on so they are not forgotten.

Quote:
13 hours ago, Rannoch said:

Yes, but I'd rather my heart keeps beating.

EDIT:  It deserves a bit more thought than that, maybe.

Yes, I've thought about it.  Truth be told I doubt I've got 10 years anyway (doctors assessment, not mine), so why give a fuck?  But then I remember the memories I carry, and they are worth too much to me.  I must endure.  I must live on so they are not forgotten.

I understand that entirely, seems you have more will power than I would though, but in that situation I couldn't be sure, sorry to hear that you have health issues...

Some of us are luckier than others.

I wasn't destined to live long in the grand scheme I guess, but I'm enjoying every minute as much as I can.  I wouldn't feel sorry for me.  I've had good moments too.

Oddly enough, one of my best zoo friends passed away recently (I guess this happens from hanging with the older zoos), so I find it sort of comforting to know I'll eventually be in good company.