• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlecrops' Zoo Survey

This was done about two years ago, thought it might be of interest to some folks here.  The main thing I wish I would've done differently is not have the survey open to kink/fetish folks, as it kinda skewed the results in some places, but eh.  Most of the responders found it through /r/zoophilia before it was banned, and I know a few people who aren't involved with online communities took it as well.  

Survey results

Thanks for posting it here. I found the survey quite interesting when I took it. I'll have to look at it again though now that it's results are finalized.

sw

cool was wondering what ever happened with that

Thanks for sharing the results

Oh wow what forum/community did you guys hear about it on?  I thought I made sure to post follow ups when the results where finished at each site I posted the survey to.  Sorry y'all are so late to seeing it!

That's a nice survey, and pretty well done. Interesting to see that 26% of respondents (myself included, though I wasn't in the survey) had been diagnosed with depression. Wonder if there's a link....

Quote:
4 hours ago, Actaeon said:

That's a nice survey, and pretty well done. Interesting to see that 26% of respondents (myself included, though I wasn't in the survey) had been diagnosed with depression. Wonder if there's a link....

I noted that too.

It could be from having to hide our secret from the rest of the world for so long.

I agree Rammy. Having to hide a big part of ourselves leads to that, we'll in my case anyway

Quote:
On 12/2/2017 at 3:29 PM, Actaeon said:

Quote:
On 12/2/2017 at 7:43 PM, Ramseys said:

I noted that too.

It could be from having to hide our secret from the rest of the world for so long.

For me the diagnosis came after losing my longest, and first true, partner Tippy.  I think that happens a bit too.

sw

@Actaeon @Ramsays @Bear28: I just don´t know, for every "depressive zoo", there are 3 non depressive ones in this survey. Battlecrops also mentioned this survey was open to fetish people too and thus, the results are not really representative. I always wonder why keeping a secret should lead to depression. As a guy who has quite a few coming outs to friends and family, the only thing I can tell you is that being "open" about your sexuality and its positive effects is vastly overestimated. Nothing of real importance is different in your life after "breaking the secret to others"...it´s still the same life. For me, my orientation is no "burden" that is hard to carry, especially not when I have to keep my mouth shut about it...in fact, it´s really easier to bear when you keep your mouth shut. 

Besides that, I´d really appreciate it if someone starts to do something with this survey´s results. Draw some conclusions maybe...for example, in this survey, more than 75% self identified as bi- or homosexuals....and now I really wonder if the common argument of "breaking Pandora´s box" actually has some truth in it. Why are we heterosexuals so underrepresented in "zoophilia"? And why is it that the overwhelming majority refers to zoophilia as an orientation, but only a very measly percentage actually is exclusive? And is a mixture of two orientations still a genuine orientation? I always compare it to chemistry, salt has two elements as components, sodium and chlorine...but salt is not an element. So why is non exclusive "zoophilia" seen as a legit orientation then?  There are many questions hidden in this survey and it makes me sad that no one is starting to dig them up...

For example, there´s a huge portion of folks referring to themselves as "heterosexual with humans, but bisexual/homosexual with animals"...is it really hateful to say that these folks live out their homosexuality with animals because "with animals, it´s not gay"?....don´t laugh, I´ve heard that phrase more than I can count.  Anyway, I´d really like to see someone actually doing something with this survey´s results. 

Quote:
11 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

For me the diagnosis came after losing my longest, and first true, partner Tippy.  I think that happens a bit too.

sw

True that....losing my soulmate, my partner that accompanied me for 22 years of my life was what led me closest to a depressive state of mind. I´ve never had any problems from keeping my mouth shut about my special relation to horses, but when I was lying beside my partner´s dead body, when I prepared her for the incinerator, this was a huge blow to my inner balance. My mare´s ashes I keep in a urn and everytime I walk by the little "altar" I built for her, with pictures of her, with her last set of horseshoes, with her saddle and all her other stuff, I suddenly experience a "microdepression", lasting for a couple of seconds. Her death severely kicked me off the rails for months and even today, with four mares I own and one of them being a very gentle, loveable and sweet partner, I still feel this void in me whenever I walk by that urn. I´d happily endure some inconveniences of not being able to openly tell everyone about my orientation if that could bring her back to me....