• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deja vue?

Bad title but couldn't think of a way to describe this question but here goes. Have you lost a pet, then gotten another one and have them do some of the same stuff that happened when you lost them?  Here is my example 

When I lost my last Dane, we were asleep on my bed and she started to  have what i thought was some strong doggy dreams which was a normal thing, but the sound she made and the way she moved was off and I knew that this was her last day with me.   

Back to now,  With my new Dane when she is sleeping next to me and starts the the hard kicking while she's dreaming it instantly wakes me up no matter how deep or hard I'm sleeping and I automatically reach over to see if she's okay and to wake her to double check on her.  After all of that it takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to fall back to sleep.    Hope this helps to kinda explain the question 

All the danes I've had have also kicked like they're in a fucking Rodeo when they're sleeping!  

The 200lb'er I have now will jab me so hard in my side (on the bed) that it hurts like hell. Worse than a boxing Kangaroo! 

I wouldn't call it deja vu, more like a character trait.

Quote:
12 hours ago, Hiway said:

I wouldn't call it deja vu, more like a character trait.

Yes, and also a character trait on yourself as well, left by your former lover:  The desire to prevent another loss.

Of course, you can't.  Death is a natural part of life.  But it will always be there, all the same.  I have terrible dreams sometimes.  I just remind myself that it's out of my hands, and it helps... a  little.

Quote:
On 12/27/2017 at 1:26 PM, Rannoch said:

Yes, and also a character trait on yourself as well, left by your former lover:  The desire to prevent another loss.

Of course, you can't.  Death is a natural part of life.  But it will always be there, all the same.  I have terrible dreams sometimes.  I just remind myself that it's out of my hands, and it helps... a  little.

That is true,  I guess it just takes awhile to learn to adjust the best you can 

My girl (also a Dane) didn't tend to sleep run until she was about 7 or 8, it's nearly a guarantee these daysthat she'll twitch when she's sleeping.

As for the fear that it's happening again, I think that's a pretty normal reaction to having lost a love.

OK, yes, Danes run in their sleep.  Horses have REM sleep (though for them it may more properly be Rapid Ear Movement sleep).  Stallions talk to mares in their sleep.  To me, this is absolute proof that animals dream, and have realistic dreams.  Sentience?  Maybe, just a bit.  

But yeah, I had a most beloved horse go away.  The next one made me wonder about reincarnation, because his mannerisms are so similar.  Coincidentally, when I looked it up, he was born only shortly after the other went away, though I wouldn't meet him until some time later.  I picked him out of the others for sale because his reaction to meeting me was so similar to the one I had lost.  

Deja vue?