• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns

Quote:
8 hours ago, Dane layer said:

What I really want to find is a reproduction mg 42.

Get a MG 34. The MG 42 is just a poor man's 34. More expensive, more reliable, more elegant. Double the trigger, double the fun. but don't forget the asbestos glove!

[Image: p8040918_header.jpg]

Sounds of the MG-34, MG-42 and MP-40 Schmeisser Firing

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="344" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XpPcpoxWs1k?feature=oembed" width="459"></iframe>

</div>

To be fair. The 34 can reach the same cadence as the 42, it's just a matter of the bolt. The 34"S"  was even faster than the 42.

I find it funny how soft americans pronounce Schmeisser. The ss is a lot harder, like in Swiss.

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4WwT2aFlSy8?feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>

</div>

There's nothing more erotic as Eastwood with a gun, and i'm hetero.

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vQrJ9u-jo_E?feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>

</div>

Too bad that movie came along too late.

The guns he used in the move were assembled from left over parts.

They had serial numbers DH1 and DH2 

Quote:
Just now, Ramseys said:

Too bad that movie came along too late.

The guns he used in the move were assembled from left over parts.

They had serial numbers DH1 and DH2 

Yeah, it's a shame. But AMT was businesswise a mess anyway. I doubt the advertising would've helped to keep it alive.

Guys, I really have a hard time understanding why you´re so fascinated by WW2 German guns..due to the German weapon laws, I cannot speak about handling of the real guns, but I had the chance to lay my hands on some airsoft replicas of the MP 42, MP 40 and the StG 43 ...and they´re literally a pain in the ass to play with. I also find these guns highly unaesthetic, for me they lack any appeal...besides the big downside of lacking a picantinny rail to attach sights to.

If you like German guns, maybe you should give the MP5 and MP7 a chance...I play both as backup weapons, they really feel smooth in the field. Mag change is heaven compared to the WW2 guns and they aren´t such a massive nuisance when carried in your loadout on the field. I also play the G3 and the G36, both superior to the WW2 guns as well when it ´s about effectivity and comfyness on the field.

What I also lack understanding of is: is it really satisfying to limit oneself to just replacing a gun part every now and then? I started playing airsoft just a couple of months ago and I´m already completely nuts about soldering new components like Mosfets and other little adaptations into my weapons, I already did several paint jobs in different camo styles on my guns and am constantly looking for new parts to further improve battlefield effectivity. Just yesterday I spent almost 2 hours on modifying 3 AEG (automatic electric gun) pistols, soldered mosfets and replaced the NimH power packs with LiPo pack plugs (1100 rpm full auto on 0,48 Joule according to my chrono....yeah!) for two Beretta P92s and one Desert Eagle replica...and tomorrow, those three pistols will get desert and woodland camo paintjobs. I can hardly imagine that replacing a part  and firing a couple of rounds into some cans every once in a while really is as satisfying as what I do with my airsoft guns.

Well, German laws prohibit full auto firing mode on any airsoft gun that has more than 0.5 Joule , a bit of a disappointment, but luckily I´m only a one hour drive away from the next French airsoft field and 4 and a half hours drive from the next Chechoslovakian "hotzone",  changing the selector plate is done in a couple of minutes and then it´s full auto and real moving targets...;)...honestly , guys, I´m not even the slightest bit envious....;) 

Airsoft comment in a real firearm thread... The title is guns, not toys... I'm going to crab popcorn.

Your really compare ww2 weapons to modern ones? It's like to compare an 1935 Adler Trumpf to a Mercedes E-Klasse.

Off course the Mercedes will win in every category, because it's a modern car.

It's the historic value, nostalgia and style that makes this weapons so great. Almost any modern firearm was influenced by german WW2 guns.

The MP40 is the archetype of the modern submachinegun. The PPSh, Thompson and the Bren where still quite different concepts and partly obsolete. Those are the weapons that has to be compared to it, not the 2001 MP7.

The M60 is based on the MG42 ( a bad copy, if I may add *cough* jesus bolt *cough*) and the stg44 influenced heavily the Kalashnikov and the M16.

But the stg44 is by far the most beautiful gun of these three.

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2AL_efDIc3M?start=122&feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>

</div>

Also MP5 and 7s are as german as a Volkswagen or the deutsche Bank. H&K is a global company. They produce everywhere.

In fact, the companies stocks are mainly owned by private investment groups aka arab sheiks and china.

The "made in germany" is just a marketing trick.

Oh, the arrogance of people shooting cans with real weapons feeling superior to people who do tactical combat (milsim) with "toys"...well, you want me to shoot you in your face with my 3,8 Joule sniper rifle "toy"....come on, it´s "just a toy"....;)

By the way, many armies around the world train with these "toys"...I guess they´re all childish, right?!?

And if you knew the German weapons law, you´d know that real firearms are prohibited in Germany, with only a few exceptions, so what am I supposed to do? Illegally import an AK 47 from Albania and get caught with it in an instant, leaving my mares on their own while I sit in jail? 

I´d always prefer someone with an Adler who´s actually DRIVING it in traffic everyday to someone with a high class Mercedes who´s just driving 100 meters and heads back to the car port immediately after he reached the road´s end.;) I can only iterate what I said, the WW2 weapons are impractical on the field. You can believe this or not, but I guess it doesn´t make that much of a difference when you´re just shooting your guns on shooting ranges and in the desert/woods with no enemy around.

Sure, Nazi Germany´s weapon technology was ahead of its time back in the 30´s and 40´s, but you surely understand that Germans won´t react enthusiastically about glorification of these guns.....you just have to imagine WHY these guns were produced, what intend was behind them. In this sense, these guns are pure Nazi devotionalia and I know exactly the type of folks who are into these guns... 

Heckler & Koch IS a German company, saying that it isn´t just because stuff is produced around the world is like saying that Microsoft isn´t an American company because most of the parts are manufactured in China...btw, my favourite backup is the Steyr-Mannlicher AUG...I just love the bullpup design.