• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New eBook out on the case of Doug Spink

Today, a new eBook (there will be printed versions of it in mid-April according to the author) was released dealing with the infamous case of Doug Spink and the raid on his farm. The author of this book that might possibly shed further light on the entire case is Carreen Maloney and the book´s title is "Uniquely dangerous". It can be bought on amazon where you can also preview the book´s first 7 chapters. Since this whole case drew so much attention and has gathered an almost iconic status both in- and outside of the "zoo world", I highly appreciate that further light may be brought into this case by this book. Due to the lack of an eBook device, I have to wait for the availability of the printed version, but the preview gave me enough incentive to hope for more factual evidence and severely needed clarification on this case. For anyone interested in the Spink story, this should be an interesting read regardless what you´ve heard about Spink before. 

Interesting to see that this did get published after all.  The author had a blog (uniquelydangerous.wordpress.com) with some very good writing about zoophilia in general (regardless of your opinions of Spink himself) but sometime a couple of years ago she set it to private and the posts weren't able to be accessed anymore.  Hadn't heard anything else about the author or book since then.  Still a bummer that the blog is gone.

With anything having to do with Spink and the fact that she interviewed him herself I worry about bias, I'll be curious to see what other sources for clarification she contacted.

From what I´ve read in the preview, she indeed seems to be biased. In Spink´s favour, as it seems...or what else could explain that only a few pages into the book, she honestly tries to sell Steve Clarke´s visit to Spinks´ farm as a quasi-scientific research project to figure out Spinks´ "method" of keeping several dogs without them fighting.

Quote: "For Clarke, the idea of visiting Spink had begun forming months earlier. Spink often posted photos on the chat forums, pictures of his dogs and horses lounging around the cabin and property. The animals looked calm and relaxed with each other and that atmosphere piqued Clarke´s interest."

Yeah, a guy named "Fausty" and another one calling himself "Knot too big" (or something like that, I quickly forget those shitty internet names) meet on a forum for people with strong interest in bestiality where Spink/Fausty posts pictures of his animals (!) for no other reason but to "share his superior animal knowledge". Didn´t know our forums are the number one spot to visit whenever questions of animal handling and such arise...duh! If I would be ignorant of the common zoo myth of "being soo much better with animals per se just because we fuck ´em", maybe I could take this approach seriously. If I use Occam´s razor, it is much more likely those two eejits met on a bestiality forum, one looking for his butthole stuffed by an animal, the other "very cautious" guy frequently posting pictures of his "fuckstock" ...hmmmm, I guess it´s nothing but an unforeseeable and inexplicable accident that this roadtrip around half of the globe ended up with footage of Clarke getting assfucked by one of Spinks` dogs.

Several other passages in this book almost sound like Maloney is just parroting what Spink and his "scientific dog behaviour research" visitor have put up for their defense. Not much critical thinking shown... as if someone who has problems with keeping dogs will inevitably search a solution to the problem from a random guy he met in a random animal fucker forum he totally and accidentally visited (and we ALL know it´s actually just like in NYC central train station in our forums...so many normals only seeking advice on dog keeping problems, in and out all day and night /s ). Yeah, sure....and paedo forums are overflowing with people seeking advice in parenting their kids.

Anyway, I´ll be buying this just to keep my library up to date...but from what I´ve read in the preview, it is quite a disappointment to me. I was hoping for a more neutral, more critical view on Spink and the whole Fausty episode. 

Quote:
5 hours ago, battlecrops said:

With anything having to do with Spink and the fact that she interviewed him herself I worry about bias, I'll be curious to see what other sources for clarification she contacted.

She did not contact me.

Quote:
8 hours ago, caikgoch said:

She did not contact me.

Why, she talked to me at length!  You'll see full-face pics of me all through her book!  

Um, yeah, don't hold your breath on that one--   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title="xD" width="20" />