• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderation of posts

There is some confusion in how this forum handles Moderation of posts as a disciplinary action once given. I'd like to explain my process:

Moderation may expire or may be permanent, depending on the severity of the rule broken, and the severity of it's breaking.  Determining which and ending  moderation action will require a meeting of moderators for discussion, vote etc. I do retain veto power on that vote, but have never used it to date. Moderation must last 7 days however before being removed or changed at all.

Note please that Post Moderation is the middle of only three actions currently used on this forum: Warning; Post Moderation; and Banning. The second may be combined with the first, the third does no combine, you are simply banned. To date I've banned only a few spammers, moderated maybe 5 users, and warned about the same number. I'm proud of this, as it shows the forum works mostly on the good will and moderation of self by its users. 

I hope the above clears up some misunderstandings on our disciplinary actions and how they work.

sw