• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The zoo community is quietly dying

You go to web addresses intentionally, usually in private.  The events I'm talking about were mainstream media, broadcast to the public at large, horrifying the 90% or so that didn't really know "you could do that to animals".  And calling "righteous" legislators and "animal rights" groups to pander to the vocal outrage.  What you/we are doing in front of our screens right this second is offending few; you put Mr Hands and Fausty on the 3 major networks evening news and you got an issue that can't be ignored.

Although I agree that in-your-face "We love the animals we fuck" blogs, webcasts, "Worlds Largest",  Proud Zoo's, Zoo Rights, etc. are doing more harm than good...

Quote:
On 5/19/2023 at 5:28 AM, heavyhorse said:

You go to web addresses intentionally, usually in private. 

And the second you do an http post, everything changes.

Quote:
On 5/19/2023 at 5:28 AM, heavyhorse said:

The events I'm talking about were mainstream media, broadcast to the public at large, horrifying the 90% or so that didn't really know "you could do that to animals". 

Anyone with half a brain knew that.  What they didn't like and were shocked by was the "loopholes" left open by the repeal of the sodomy laws, and lets be dead honest here, that was never ever going to hold.  We had a brief legal period but that was never going to last and honestly, that isn't even as much of an issue as the increase in stateside surveilance on the average citizen.