• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting treated for cancer

Glad you guys are on the upside.  I'm not disenchanted, did I miss something?

yah well the medical people told me the 2 weeks after treatment would be the worst...i even wrote it in my calendar...AND BOY were they right...just getting back to something like normal now...sheesh...legs are still without any power...so no walking...my wife thinks my legs are due to use of thc instead of alcohol but i got my doubts about that...use of thc was at the same time as the first radiation....

Quote:
1 hour ago, shortleash said:

yah well the medical people told me the 2 weeks after treatment would be the worst...i even wrote it in my calendar...AND BOY were they right...just getting back to something like normal now...sheesh...legs are still without any power...so no walking...my wife thinks my legs are due to use of thc instead of alcohol but i got my doubts about that...use of thc was at the same time as the first radiation....

It's definitely the radiation, not the THC OR Alcohol causing the weak legs. I suppose lack of use can cause that too, but it's kind of hard to use something that doesn't function all that well. I do hope your treatments, or initial cancer didn't do any nerve damage.

My mother had body weakness during rad. therapy too.

Quote:
17 hours ago, littlejohn said:

We've had a lot of bad players / actors surfacing in the community as of late, especially en-masse`. I won't go in to details here of course, but you're free to PM me or contact me on one of my listed platforms (Telegram, Discord, you can PM if you don't have them, and want them) and I'll explain the details.

Quote:
On 7/28/2022 at 4:20 PM, littlejohn said:

Probably plenty but that's a good thing if we're talking about what got me stating what I did.

Starting a new year with my thanks to everyone here who comment (or not) and who added prayers...i am still cancer free...my legs are back to working and i am thinking about volunteering at the central il foodbank in a week or two....i still have some fluid build up in my neck and because of the damage to my lymph nodes and that may never go away...still i am very happy to be alive and THANKS again for the help...

Quote:
On 1/6/2023 at 1:21 PM, shortleash said:

Starting a new year with my thanks to everyone here who comment (or not) and who added prayers...i am still cancer free...my legs are back to working and i am thinking about volunteering at the central il foodbank in a week or two....i still have some fluid build up in my neck and because of the damage to my lymph nodes and that may never go away...still i am very happy to be alive and THANKS again for the help...

Somehow or other I missed ever seeing this thread before, but it's good to hear you got through that okay. I like the volunteering idea; I think it'll be good for motivation. Stay strong.

That's great new shortleash!  You deserve some easy riding after that battle.  I think it's a great idea to get out and volunteer if you're able!   

well it is a new year and i am about as healed up as i shall be for now (maybe 6 months from now i may be doing better)...back to walking and talking...still down 30 lbs. and it looks i will be for awhile...haven't weighed 150 since high school...my noise runs when i eat (damn the chemo) but it did get rid of my acid reflux...had my first glass of orange juice in 10 yrs,,,yahoooooo...thanks everyone for the support...

the cancer is back...my prostate kicked up again so more imaging and an operation maybe...
Sorry to hear that its back. Hopfully with more treatments you will be better