• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting treated for cancer

treatment all done...been over for a week...i can barely walk or talk...IF it worked i am one happy camper....should be able to walk and talk at the of end next week...i can hardly wait....

Congrats SL! Good to hear you pulled through buddy!

I know how rough the recovery can be, my mother went through hell and wasn't right for quite some time after breast cancer. Sometimes her brain still isn't right, due to the type of chemo she received.

Luckily some (most?) cancer groups now when they treat, use chemo 'tailored' to your DNA, and to that of the cancer DNA.

- Hang in there, almost free!

I'm glad to hear that Shortleash!  Keep working through the PT if you have some... it actually helps.  Keep us apprised of how it's going over the next few weeks.

getting my first haircut today and eating solid food all day for the first time in a month...wow...

Quote:
8 hours ago, shortleash said:

getting my first haircut today and eating solid food all day for the first time in a month...wow...

That's awesome my man! Glad to hear it when someone pulls through something like this and starts gettig their life back.

Glad you are on the next big steps of your recovery

final appt with the radiation doc today...after that we wait til the end of aug to see if we gt it all///

Let's hope y'all did! I can tell you though, the rad. treatments SUCK, a LOT.

Worse than the Chemo.

I said I'd not post here again, but, you may need this bit of advice.

I can't tell you enough how much the radiation will suck.  And it won't be at it's worst until AFTER treatment is done, at least if it's anything like my father.  Brace yourself and stay strong.  It's the worst part.

Yes I'm still alive, just...  disenchanted with the zoo community right now.  Still, as someone who hates cancer through and through, I can't help but wish you the best of luck.

Quote:
16 hours ago, cervids said:

I said I'd not post here again, but, you may need this bit of advice.

I can't tell you enough how much the radiation will suck.  And it won't be at it's worst until AFTER treatment is done, at least if it's anything like my father.  Brace yourself and stay strong.  It's the worst part.

Yes I'm still alive, just...  disenchanted with the zoo community right now.  Still, as someone who hates cancer through and through, I can't help but wish you the best of luck.

I second the disenchantment atm as well, but damn glad to see you supporting a  brother in dire straights. My mom had the worst of the radiation when she was going through it. Constant 'sunburn' and very tired. It took her forever to recover from it, but she pulled through and is still cancer free.