• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you choose another species to be attracted to?

I would.

I wish I could look at a dog and fall head over heels in love with them. If I were primarily attracted to dogs, it would make everything so much easier. But it seems that it would be hard to form any kind of emotional connection with a dog. I want to be like most zoos and talk about how canines are sexy and the meaning of life.

It really sucks being a horse zoo.

I feel your pain!  I prefer smaller hoofed critters, but don't say "no" to equines.  I've played around with dogs once or twice, but are not my favorites.  I'd need 1/10th the setup I have to just keep a dog or two vs. goats.

Difficult question. To preface, I believe I could be attracted to any species of animal if the right individual came along. It's just that some are much more appealing in the first place, ex. I find the build of a hamster much more visually appealing than that of a dog, or a horse. 

I don't have any real issues with my main attractions but it probably would make things easier if I was more interested in dogs, or even horses. At least I would fit in a little more. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> I run a couple zooph chats and every time I make it clear I don't want to fuck doggie, people always ask why I'm even in there.  But, I'm also sure it would make zooph relations more fulfilling, if I was more easily attracted to dogs. While I'm not convinced they can feel romantic feelings, there's no question they connect with their people. Rodents can bond with their owners, definitely, but they're usually much more keen on running all over you instead of cuddling. But, love is love, no matter how they're wired to show it. Just up to me to recognize it for what it is.

So yeah, it would have been nice to have my primary attraction be towards dogs, just because of how much easier things would be [with both other zoophs and with the animal]. I can't say I would change it now, but if I had had a choice in the beginning, I doubt rodents would have been it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Quote:
8 hours ago, Saturnine said:

I would.

I wish I could look at a dog and fall head over heels in love with them. If I were primarily attracted to dogs, it would make everything so much easier. But it seems that it would be hard to form any kind of emotional connection with a dog. I want to be like most zoos and talk about how canines are sexy and the meaning of life.

It really sucks being a horse zoo.

It is possible to some degree.

I am mainly a cheetah's zoo, if you think being a horse zoo is that bad.

I've just happened to accept it won't happen, while still cheetahs steal my heart to an immense degree, I think it is possible to learn and accept the advantages of each type of partner.

Honestly if I could just be attracted to humans and only humans, my life would be a lot easier.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Cat said:

It is possible to some degree.

I am mainly a cheetah's zoo, if you think being a horse zoo is that bad.

I've just happened to accept it won't happen, while still cheetahs steal my heart to an immense degree, I think it is possible to learn and accept the advantages of each type of partner.

It hurts a lot. Kinda reminds me of a zoo who claimed to be attracted only to some kind of extinct animal. I don't understand how that is even possible, but the pain of never getting to be with them must be tremendously difficult to have.

Quote:
55 minutes ago, battlecrops said:

Honestly if I could just be attracted to humans and only humans, my life would be a lot easier.

Are you sure about that? I used to think how easy it would be to want to form intimate relationships with others of my own species, but now I believe it is actually more difficult than being zoo. Think of how a human partner could turn around and stab you in the back if they ever wanted to. It happens all the time. Is being attracted to people really worth that kind of drama? Don't forget the possibility of catching STDs and getting women pregnant. It sounds like an awful lot to deal with. Maybe we are luckier than we realize.

Quote:
1 hour ago, battlecrops said:

Agreed on this one. I am attracted to humans, but it would be a lot better if I was solely attracted to them. I just feel so dishonest in my relationship, since I know I can't mention it. I've been told everyone has secrets, but keeping them from the man I love just makes me feel queasy. There's also the frequent worry that I'll end up cheating on him with an animal. Of course I have self control, so I don't know why I worry about slipping up. I just do. 

If I could change my attraction to just humans... yeah, that one I would do.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Saturnine said:

Are you sure about that? I used to think how easy it would be to want to form intimate relationships with others of my own species, but now I believe it is actually more difficult than being zoo. Think of how a human partner could turn around and stab you in the back if they ever wanted to. It happens all the time. Is being attracted to people really worth that kind of drama? Don't forget the possibility of catching STDs and getting women pregnant. It sounds like an awful lot to deal with. Maybe we are luckier than we realize.

I'm not exclusive, so I'm attracted to humans anyway.  Same here as Rodentheart, I don't want to lie to or keep a part of myself from a partner.  But I also can't risk "coming out" as zoo, so effectively I can't have relationships with humans even though I actively want to.   It hurts, there's a person I'm really romantically attracted to and I can't do anything about it.  If I could choose I'd rather just be attracted to people only, and monogamous.  

Within animals, I wish I could flip a switch and make dogs my primary attraction.  Definitely easier to get a dog than goats, or my other primary attractions are deer and lions, which aren't going to happen at all!

I just can't relate to human attraction. People have always been romantically unappealing. Being with a person is something that I could never fathom doing. They're just too heartless for my tastes.

Quote:
4 hours ago, Saturnine said:

Dude I have had relationships with humans, it's not that bad; it's actually nice to have all our human needs (complex communication, critical thinking, etc...) also realized with your partner, there's no such drama with humans as well, you usually end up with people that think similarly to you; in fact my last relationship was with someone that knew I was a zoo, he didn't mind because our ethical code was quite similar, but it wouldn't work out because, well, he was interested in me and I just figured it wouldn't work because he wasn't covered in fur; there wasn't even any drama on that.

Also getting pregnant, or getting someone pregnant, that's the whole thing of reproduction; I mean you have fun, but come on, if I could, I'd like to be able to reproduce with my partner, so it's not like a risk. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":o" width="20" />