• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call, let us know you're still here...

[Image: 1e6766acd8615181a42fc46094a13071.jpg.2d4...271142.jpg]

Quote:
16 hours ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

Oh good lordy. Hey, I can relate. It's funny because some Giant boys have some kind of small equipment. A Dane I was recently with (close canine, not a fence hope...) is smaller than Loki.

Very much so.  Depends on age and experience.  Virgin male Dane, Mastiff, is about the size of your finger.  One that has been collected for A.I. every few days for 5 years will be swinging some serious cordwood even when flaccid.    Bitches same thing vulva-wise. 

Quote:
59 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

Very much so.  Depends on age and experience.  Virgin male Dane, Mastiff, is about the size of your finger.  One that has been collected for A.I. every few days for 5 years will be swinging some serious cordwood even when flaccid.    Bitches same thing vulva-wise. 

True for the most part. From what I've gathered on canines, it's oft. genetic too. Heavy bonesets tend to have 'heavier bones', and some lads of a litter are just monsters. IMHO GDanes are nice, but WELL overblone on their size. I've seen some big ones, but surprisingly for me: Pits, Labs, Rotts, and Gsheps actually seem to have the real heavy bits.

Of course St. Bernards, and Irish Wolfhounds tend to be known for 'big'.

But, I reckon this isn't really the thread for this now is it? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Still quietly hanging around. 

Hanging around myself.  I was supposed to be camping this weekend, but got called back for an emergency de-twine-ing of one of my ewes.  She had bailing twine looped over the back of her neck, under her body, and wrapped 3 times around her back hoof.  She was so freaked out that it took 2 of us to catch her... Shes fine now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hay strings can be deadly.  Also known of horses losing their tongue from them.  They are the main reason American wool is next to worthless.  And they are HELL on mowing machines and can tear the brake lines off of your truck.  Treat them like the hazardous waste that they are....

Quote:
6 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Hay strings can be deadly.  Also known of horses losing their tongue from them.  They are the main reason American wool is next to worthless.  And they are HELL on mowing machines and can tear the brake lines off of your truck.  Treat them like the hazardous waste that they are....

Had a Pom once that swallowed a length of sewing thread. Vet said it could easily be lethal if it formed a loop in her gut. Lucky dog, she eventually passed it safely, but I had to monitor her closely and cut off the bits as they came out so it wouldn't get snagged on anything.

I had a hay twine incident in the last month.  I was traveling with the goats, and got a call from the wife that one of the sheep had a string around her hoof and was limping... by morning she had been unable to catch the sheep, so I drove home.  It was a loop from a bail, wrapped around the ewe's back-of-neck, under her body and around her hoof 3 times.  Took an hour for 2 of us to catch her, and she was fine once I cut it off.  It could have gone much worse than a lost vacation.

I've had a real rough year, specially when I was hooked to tranqs and painkillers. I've been feeling like I have been falling appart and much less I feel that I have given enough time to the guild.

For those who missed me, I'm still here, just not good enough 

Quote:
1 hour ago, Zoramora said:

I've had a real rough year, specially when I was hooked to tranqs and painkillers. I've been feeling like I have been falling appart and much less I feel that I have given enough time to the guild.

For those who missed me, I'm still here, just not good enough 

you are good enough