• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news and bad news re BF

suitable for pron supply.  You needed a robust virus suite and malware checker.

Quote:
On 4/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, littlejohn said:

suitable for pron supply.  You needed a robust virus suite and malware checker.

Don't tell me what to do!

Seriously, good advice in general, but I'm not about to start.  I know my machine inside and out.  Never needed antimalware, never been infected, and oddly proud of that.  I'm in an odd situation though.  It involves penguins, gnus, source code, and a whole lot of threads...

Quote:
On 4/29/2019 at 9:51 PM, cervids said:

Don't tell me what to do!

Seriously, good advice in general, but I'm not about to start.  I know my machine inside and out.  Never needed antimalware, never been infected, and oddly proud of that.  I'm in an odd situation though.  It involves penguins, gnus, source code, and a whole lot of threads...

Don't forget the hat.

When I got my most recent new computer, I was going over all the multitudes of EULAs and other legal shit, and was a little put off that, in order to even initialize Windows, I had to give access to Google and MS and I forget how many others--Symantec?--one of the security outfits--or else I'm pretty sure the thing wouldn't even load up. Makes a great case for starting with a blank drive and using Linux. At least, I don't think Linux makes you give up your every keystroke to spies--yet.

Anyway, my monitor and speakers are separate from the comp and there are no cameras or mics in them.

Some years back I had an iMac, and I taped a little sticky-note over its camera.

Quote:
On 5/1/2019 at 4:54 AM, caikgoch said:

Don't forget the hat.

I don't like red hat's.  I weave my own.

best to use a puter condom to protect yourself from all the STD's , and other nasty infections we can get from human contact.

As for hats, tinfoil doesn't work anymore, you need to use a fine woven mesh of cadmium, plated with copper to actually stop the brain drainers and subliminals  from soaking in. Top quality mirrored, polarized, UV protected glasses are also a must to keep from seeing those subliminal messages as well.

For the stuff you wish you hadn't seen it makes a big difference to at least once a week, or after a truly nasty sight to use some good eyeball cleaner

[Image: EyeBleach_Card.jpg.2c0a6fa1afe60449a22e1f864efbdcda.jpg][Image: eyebleach.jpg.6c3d05b0bb8c98a3979880dd65b59339.jpg][Image: e32.jpg.b82e31486d561d84418c1d656b71aa9f.jpg]

IT WORKS!!!!!!!

/r/eyebleach works for me...

well, on topic ...I was there (BF), saved story i really liked and few posts ...

offtopic: Joke about Red Hat was really laughable, thanks...(Slackware user)