• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news and bad news re BF

yoou might also notice that there was never a mention of removing all media and keeping the rest of the forum, reducing storage and bandwidth bill by 95% ... but the mob can't make money just from a simple forum.

Good point Arcticwolf, that could have helped them a lot. I actually posted a link here to another 'Zoo vids' site I stumbled on a few months back.. It still accepts uploads too, that could have been an option for the members.

Oh well, as SW said we shouldn't just devote this thread to bashing BF: they've made a lot of fuck-ups but we've all done that at one point or another. Theirs just caught up with them harshly.

Quote:
11 hours ago, arcticwolf said:

yoou might also notice that there was never a mention of removing all media and keeping the rest of the forum, reducing storage and bandwidth bill by 95% ... but the mob can't make money just from a simple forum.

Yes, this. I had hoped they would at least try to help the community move forward but in the end they were busily banning anyone who posted links to other forums and groups. It was sad to see and completely unnecessary. There are always options but when its all about the money the effort just won't get made.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Thunder-Bay-Syd said:

but when its all about the money the effort just won't get made.

That's the totality of it.  It was never about anything but the money, one of about 20 pron/fetish sites under the same umbrella.  If it accidentally served as a high-visibility entry point for new people to meet and learn from others, that was an accidental outcome.  When  1) worldwide legislation and  2) the world financial system, crimped the business model, it was Buh-Bye..... 

The problems with forums of this size will always be monetization to pay the servers, especially if there's a large download supply.

Quote:
14 hours ago, Thunder-Bay-Syd said:

Yes, this. I had hoped they would at least try to help the community move forward but in the end they were busily banning anyone who posted links to other forums and groups. It was sad to see and completely unnecessary. There are always options but when its all about the money the effort just won't get made.

Quote:
11 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

That's the totality of it.  It was never about anything but the money, one of about 20 pron/fetish sites under the same umbrella.  If it accidentally served as a high-visibility entry point for new people to meet and learn from others, that was an accidental outcome.  When  1) worldwide legislation and  2) the world financial system, crimped the business model, it was Buh-Bye..... 

You both pretty much hit the nail on the head here. Though I will point a couple things out with Heavy's post..

From my experience in the very early days of BF, it was more Zoo and less fetish, that is until the mods and staff realized they had a serious cash-cow (no pun intended... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> ). Then IMO it all went down hill.. Now, not only legislation, but ultimately things BitTorrent, other 'off key' sites that were uploading the same videos, and the myriad of other fetish sites that the 'seekers' could hop to when bored didn't help either.

Even on a 'fetish' level, all-in-all the amount of 'animal interest' people, though a very, VERY rough estimate 5% - 10% of the total populous, is still damn small.  So, unless you run things -juuust- right, or push the right thing at the right time: it's game over.

I did discover 'Zooskool' is still kicking, how well? I'm not sure. I found them on Tor when looking to see if there were any other Zoo forums / communities to report. You have to be careful there as well: a lot of the 'Torsites' for fetishes are completely open, including Rape and Pedophilia.

EDIT: It's also worth the note that the few 'beastie' sites I found on Tor, take BTC (Bitcoin) as payment: so they're already kind of playing with financial fire here. They also don't even have payment gates, you email them telling them you are interested, give them a BTC address to watch for a transaction from, then send to their BTC.

All really, really sketchy.

this what up sets me most site's like watching dogs getting  rape and hurt why never join  a site promotes  this kind of life style. the people wonder why what to hunt us down  be Couse bad people who like this crap. I be long  to a few requeue groups  seen some dogs badly hurt  vet  set a human did this to her. win were done they toss her on the streets like trash move on to the next one . all say im crying

Quote:
On 1/16/2019 at 5:15 AM, heavyhorse said:

Kind of a shame seems to me.  The admin totally sucked, Emperor of All sorts, but the collapse shows how far the zoo community has declined.  50 years ago there was no 'net, it was all small local groups, no law against it, it was "your own business".   Then the net let you talk to people everywhere.  Now nowhere is safe anymore, legal has chased everyone underground, everyone is afraid (or better be) to meet anyone else, for fear of entrapment by legal or outing by "righteous" animal rights activists.

*Pulls on lead-foil hat and heads for barn*  

I've never known anything but fear...

Then again, twas born far after 1984, so I guess Orwille's prophecy is true afterall.  Just a few less cameras.

Quote:
19 hours ago, cervids said:

I've never known anything but fear...

Then again, twas born far after 1984, so I guess Orwille's prophecy is true afterall.  Just a few less cameras.

Oh, the cameras are there.  They are cheap and plentiful, nearly invisible, and work in the dark.  They are everywhere, indoors and out.  And far overhead. 

You are only safe behind double-locked doors, on your own property.  

There is a commercial dog-breeding operation about a half-mile from me.  I can hear the dogs at feeding time from here every day.  Did a walk-through on an excuse a while back.  The dogs are friendly and eager, the pens easily accessible.  In the "old days" I would have been all over that place after dark.  These days?  Nope, not a chance.  Look but don't touch......  

Quote:
5 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Oh, the cameras are there.  They are cheap and plentiful, nearly invisible, and work in the dark.  They are everywhere, indoors and out.  And far overhead. 

But they aren't in our TVs...

I said a few less...  bear with me man!