• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the return of the forum and the forums history.

5 years ago Jed, a zoo I had never heard of or met before, and I were chatting on the old ZF. I don't chat, so the chat was short, but I mentioned in passing my attempts at having a writers forum. One or two sentences at most. By the next day, I had this forum, at his cost for the domain and with his technical skill for the forums existence. I created only the layout, changing it along the way as it grew. Jed continued to provide technical assistance where and when he was available. None of this would be here without him. I'm deeply appreciative.

Jed left. I know some of why, not all. Understand I know NO ZOO in real life in person, and only one now who still lives by RL name. Jed isn't one of them. He promised things to keep this forum going before he left, as he did let me know he was going, but he didn't follow through. So. 

That left it on me to do something, as it should have anyway, and I didn't. I knew the Domain would eventually expire and I ignored it. The only thing I did do for the forum was bring <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/19-doge1/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="19" href="<___base_url___>/profile/19-doge1/">@doge1</a> in as an Admin. The Domain expired, the Forum failed. We almost were gone for good. But.

The forum has returned, and exists now, through the actions of others. I had no hand in that. Thank you to whoever did.

That is where things stand now.

sw

I wrote the above yesterday for several reasons, a big one being:

There had been some bad-mouthing of <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/2-jedidiah/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2" href="<___base_url___>/profile/2-jedidiah/">@Jedidiah</a> behind closed doors and in e-mails after the Domain expired. I wanted folks to understand that he made this forum a gift to a total stranger (me) for mostly total strangers (you) to use, at his expense and with time taken out of his day to keep it running. Whatever else he was, or did, you can keep to yourself. I don't need to know about it. It's irrelevant to the forum and what he did here.

sw

I want to also take this time to again thank the people who now support the forum. I deeply appreciate the return of the ZWG.

sw