• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wondering about any ideas

Hello everyone,

I know I've been an extremely lurking admin, and haven't done anything besides helping on the back end. But I was wondering if there was anything that anyone wanted to see improved on? May be any updates withe categories, site visibility (I believe Silverwolf wanted the boards closed off to members only), or any other ideas anyone may have?

Yeah, fix it so we can post video clips again; I haven't been able to for a while. It teases me: I go through the procedure to upload the file, and I can watch the progress bar fill up ... it says it's complete--then it fails and gives an error code (200, IIRC).

Quote:
4 hours ago, threelegs said:

Yeah, fix it so we can post video clips again; I haven't been able to for a while. It teases me: I go through the procedure to upload the file, and I can watch the progress bar fill up ... it says it's complete--then it fails and gives an error code (200, IIRC).

Looks like it should be working this time. Sorry about that.

I also made sure the file size limit was raised up, which is 100MB

at least you are checking in at times and keeping the few of us here up and running

Thanks for keeping us alive

Quote:
21 hours ago, threelegs said:

So I have encountered.  My impression is that there's a file size limit,  I believe 1 Mb, and above that you get an error. 

Quote:
17 hours ago, doge1 said:

I also made sure the file size limit was raised up, which is 100MB

I have not tried this yet.

Thx!

Got my vid uploaded; thank you, Doge!

Well, I hope this doesn't turn anyone away from the site. But I've been working with another forum software that's more open source and not a paid version, so there can be at least updates from time to time and not be running on such an old version.

I've been working on a conversion to move everyone over, though seems like it's not going to work. The conversions the other forum has (Simple Machine forums) has a newer rated version for this forum, and it still runs on 4.2.2. PHPbb was out of the question since it could not detect this board, even if I gave it the exact location of it. While I could update this board for it to work... It's... Not a legal board. What I'm saying is it's pirated.

Currently in the process of creating categories and instead of making a couple of duplicates, I merged some and adjusted some descriptions in case it caused confusion with the way it was before. What I'm thinking of doing is making this an archive on an archive subdomain so everyone can just copy and paste their work or any posts they would like to keep over to the new page. I'm still working on a few other mods like possibly a gallery, working achievements that add to your profile such as Star Contributor for example.

I also welcome any suggestions/recommendations for adding on to the new site. Also, uploading should no longer be an issue, since I'm testing with a few methods to make sure it doesn't stop working out of nowhere.

Just how this stuff works is well above my pay grade; when I was in uni we were using punchcard decks.  This has been among the least glitchy sites I have ever used, but I understand that this stuff ages out and once it becomes unsupported it's near impossible to manage.  Do what you have to do, though I don't care for my understanding of archiving, that people have to go searching through dead files looking for stuff.   But you have my support for your efforts.