• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

[Image: dont.jpg.26e2b053151f7aca0fdee54dc70ed88f.jpg]

Works for me... 

New normal: 

FedEx knocks, the guy is past the garage and waves by the time I answer the door.

Neighbor lost a cow, knocks and is standing 25 feet away when I answer, first words out of his mouth are his name (as in "Don't shoot, you know me").

Actually I could get used to this.... 

[Image: 0b27d06c18e740bfa4188611ee18bf45.jpg.f8d...ecdcd1.jpg]

I'm doing all right myself, still, but ... I showed up for a dental appointment today and the building was locked and the lights off. Nobody had called me to cancel. When I got home I called both of their office numbers and they just rang; didn't even go to voicemail.

Have had 3, THREE!, stimulus check scam calls so far. Fun times. They love calling me, I'm entertaining when I'm bored and speak a few languages more than they do.. including english. More tourists told to "GO HOME!" by the county sheriff now that nice weather has arrived here, nice being 40F & partly sunny. I found one myself wandering my land below the 'bug-out cabin' yesterday when me and the Border went to check it out after she alerted me to something out there. He was going to "Wait out the apocalypse, Man." with his small bag of weed and not enough camping gear or food to wait out the coming bear attack the food would bring. My .45 & Abbie followed his dreads back to his car. Good dog..

There's now a live cam down below the cabin.

I called the girl who works for me and gave her the colt early, 6 months early. Training him will keep her sharp and give her something to do. She's earned it. I just had to stay inside while her & her Dad came and loaded him. Mom misses him, but I'd already seperated them, so it's not too bad and Mom's getting a bit of special attention right now. No, not that. I still miss Shadow. That occupies my time, quarantine or no.

sw

well i have learned what constitutes an essential service...called the state police they said who knows we are staying away from the public right now...called a law enforcement friend he said well caterpillar in peoria and eaton in lincoln are essential as far as he knew...i said - how can that be...he said that is above my pay grade but the cat union sued for member health and a judge ruled for cat (how cat that be)...so i called the commerce commission...and they hung up on me 3 times (actually their automated phone system did)...so finally i called economic development and commerce and they cal an 800 # or email an address...when i hung up i was to tired to call anymore....sigh...

So, besides going a bit stir crazy being stuck at home, I've hit critical hair mass. 

A couple weeks ago I bought some clippers as I will probably have to shear my sheep myself for the first time this year, and decided to give them a go on my head.  Not great, but not bad either - did around my ear and back of head.  it was about as long as the mop on top.  I may just do the whole thing with clippers.

[Image: 20200411_084721.thumb.jpg.2850f325bc5a2d...14b7d5.jpg]

Well, if your sheep end up looking like your head, you're never going to sell them! lol

Quote:
20 hours ago, ferritlove said:

decided to give them a go on my head

I've trimmed my head down to stubble with clippers for years, since I stopped shaving it when the tremors scared a straight razor out of my hands. Use 'em on my face too. You can actually get a pretty smooth shave with them, if yer hand lets ya.

sw

Yeppers!

A lot of the glasses frames they make these days don't so much hang on your ears as grip the sides of your head, with some kind of synthetic grippy finish.  Doesn't hold worth crap to a bush full of hair though, look down and they drop.  I've used the horse ear trimmers for years between haircuts; just an extension of that these days.

Bit of advice, from a barber the other day:  Tiny strokes.  You can always take a bit more off, but it's really hard to put back on.