• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

Life endures and time passes.  Come friday night I'm 14 days away from others hibernating.  I propose to stay this way, likely till there's a vaccine and I have some.  Seeing selected friends who are likewise hibernating and uninfected.

Do you mean the pandemic of retards building toilet paper igloos, or what ever it is toilet paper is building to keep the V away

Still going to work no state lockdown here in NC yet

I have always kept the larder and the freezer at capacity, i could likely go a few months and be fine with out leaving home, ain't got more then a month of TP so i guess i might have to break out the wash cloths at some point for those necessities. Got about a month of dog food. no need for me to start hoarding i always have stayed stocked up.

5 confirmed cases in my county.

We are out of food in my state.  I mean like, shelf-bare, good luck, chew on whatever nuts and bolts you can find.

Other than that, it's great.  I've figured out Kerbal Space Program.  I feel like a real pretend-astronaut.

[Image: IMG_20200325_120515_711.jpg.80e64492a85b...eb2b28.jpg]

CV is in my state big time, though mostly in the opposite end from where I am.  I maintain critical infrastructure, so I'm allowed to be out and about.  We're down to two people in the building at any given time with a couple of road guys who come and go.  We're not allowed to be in the same area as any other workers and all the office staff has been working remotely for a couple of weeks.  Our commercial customers are all shut down, so we're down to 3 days a week unless something big breaks.

My boss is a major germophobe, so the building is sanitized pretty much constantly.  Any incoming packages or equipment get zapped with a UV lamp and/or sprayed down with disinfectant if they can be, then they sit in the receiving area for at least 36 hours before we're allowed to touch them.  I figure if I end up getting this thing, it will be from going out to get food. If things get really bad, I can live out of cans for a while.  Got 6-8 weeks' worth of dog food also.

My roomie does night watch in a freight yard and almost never sees another human.  Social distancing?  Hey, I'm an Asperger's kid.  Social distancing is how I've always lived.  As Paul Simon once sang, "I touch no one and no one touches me..."

Its almost normal for me. I don't go out much anyway.

[Image: elderly.png.68a7134b668404855c7d0b9438042e8e.png]

[Image: e2324249fc8dfb3bb7defe04092de453.jpg.6bd...9c10cc.jpg]

need some help with that work at home?

Quote:
21 hours ago, Bear28 said:

Its almost normal for me. I don't go out much anyway.

Likewise for me; I practice living below my means on my SS income and I'm not in the habit of eating out or going to bars. I would LOVE to get a goddam pizza, but they're too expensive to justify. Chinese, OTOH, is a great bargain, though I don't get it often.

Once the weather gets nice I'll be out on my bicycles or my kayak--staying hundreds of yards from any other human, as I do all the time but for visits to the grocery store.