• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Musicians?

Anyone else love playing, writing, and or recording music?

I'm sort of my own one man rock band. I love to create rock, alternative rock, and metal music. I've also written and recorded piano music as well as experimented with electronic music. I'm fairly mediocre at playing live instruments (typically I'll just jam on guitar and the piano for fun) so most of my music is computer generated. I do love recording vocals. Most people tell me I'm a decent singer.

Anyone else? If so, what do you love to play? Can you sing as well?

Shoving 2 cats down a drainpipe sounds better than me.... 

Before the 1st go-round with cancer, which was in my throat & chest cavity, I actually sang fairly decently. Way back when, when I was with the girl I almost married & on my 1st enlistment, I sang in dive bars in Texas and other southern states. I quit when she died, and never picked up the guitar or harmonica again until I met Tippy. 

I'd spend evenings serenading her on the front porch, and it is kinda like ridin' a bike. Once you learn, you know. After all those years it just flowed.

I learned the flute from my granny when I was a kid. An Irish flute. I play it over the animals graves once a year.

Like <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/1910-heavyhorse/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="1910" href="<___base_url___>/profile/1910-heavyhorse/">@heavyhorse</a>, my voice ain't so great now. Cancers and age saw to that. Kinda like gravel in a garbage disposal, so I keep it hid. I still play evenings though. The animals like it. It's mostly the harmonica now, though the acoustic get's in there some.

sw