• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right to die

I was a young man and a newbie when I joined the community in 1997.  There were oldbies already by that time.

I guess it depends on your definition of "zoo community" ... even constraining it to the online zoo community.  Offline, there are cave paintings in France dating back 20,000 years depicting human/animal sex.  Online is more complicated ... I know there were zoo BBSes in the 1980s (perhaps even earlier) and zoophile websites on the world wide web by the early 1990s.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Eagle said:

I was a young man and a newbie when I joined the community in 1997.  There were oldbies already by that time.

I guess it depends on your definition of "zoo community" ... even constraining it to the online zoo community.  Offline, there are cave paintings in France dating back 20,000 years depicting human/animal sex.  Online is more complicated ... I know there were zoo BBSes in the 1980s (perhaps even earlier) and zoophile websites on the world wide web by the early 1990s.

1997 D: I was a toddler, not even that, barely a baby; I don't even recall any memories from then.

I didn't even got zoophilia from somewhere, I didn't have internet, I just thought took my encycloa  pedias and looked at a horse and thought damn this is sexy.

Well yes the zoo online community, geez; everyone seems older than me, makes me feel like I am some sort of kid; oh I had 3 horses, 7 dogs, and then I lived here and there, and I kissed this and that, whaaat?... I haven't even started dating my first animal, I don't even know what it feels like to be surrounded by warm fur; and then all the health issues; like really?... I am imagining a bunch of old people now sitting in those shitty plastic/wooden chairs complaining and telling stories while everyone is giving shit to olden 30-30. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

I turned 21 in 1997 [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> 

Quote:
21 hours ago, Cat said:

Why? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> how old is the zoo community?... it just all seems like you guys are bunch of old people.

Not old, just have the edges scuffed off a little!

I didn't know the name for it back when I discovered I was-- .  Bit later, (50 years ago) there were already social-security old guys.  Like eagle said, there are carvings and art from well B.C.   So it's hardly something new.  Just that anything there is is online now, so more accessible.  And it used to just be your own business, we talked about it on the school bus after the younger kids had gotten off.  Not the huge public spectacle criminal media obsession it is now; just something that was, that you didn't blow off about, sort of like being gay was back then.  

"...there are carvings and art from well B.C." Although these carvings do exist, I´d strictly advise against idetifying those as part of zoophilia. Most of those cavemen carvings and paintings that can be found do in fact refer to a shamanistic/ ritualistic hunter cult that, in order to maintain nature´s equlibrum, made it madatory for hunters to have sex with their prey. "If you take life, you at least have to symbolically give life back", that´s where most of the ancient depictions of animal-human sex come from. 

What you also shouldn´t forget is slander written on murals...there are some examples of that to be found in Greek and Roman buildings, stating that "powerful person X is a dog-/pig-/whatever fucker", sometimes accompanied with a rather illustrative picture. One prominent example of that would be the Russian tsarina Katherine The Great. Although it never has been proven that she actually had sex with stallions, many doodles, murals etc. can still be found in Russia showing Her Majesty engaging in sex with a horse. 

I do have an issue with statements like the one I quoted. There is no proof that any of actually relates to what us modern folks call zoophilia. Another example would be the Ritual of Mendes; in ancient Egypt, every summer equinox a priestess had to perform fellatio on a goat, but this was far from zoophilia as this ritual was performed only once a year and the priestess literally "sacrificed" herself...not an issue of love at all. More like  public bestiality with the sole purpose to please Ra, the sun god and all the other Egyptian deities.  

Quote:
3 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Not old, just have the edges scuffed off a little!

I didn't know the name for it back when I discovered I was-- .  Bit later, (50 years ago) there were already social-security old guys.  Like eagle said, there are carvings and art from well B.C.   So it's hardly something new.  Just that anything there is is online now, so more accessible.  And it used to just be your own business, we talked about it on the school bus after the younger kids had gotten off.  Not the huge public spectacle criminal media obsession it is now; just something that was, that you didn't blow off about, sort of like being gay was back then.  

Oh really I thought being gay was more of a taboo back then, with a huge amount of farmers, and horny teenagers with more knowledge of animals, I'd have expected that a lot of people had sexual experiences with animals back when they were teens, and hence you'd not freak out anyone had you told them you wanted to fuck a mare (similar to my case where I am from); while being gay was the real taboo.

But I don't know, I am a millennial [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I have relatives that are gay (doesn't everyone?), they did catch shit back then if they left something out that gave it away.  About the same as I assume I would have gotten if I'd slipped up.  

Publicly, it seemed similar; it was pretty well known that some of the school footballers were gay, some staff.  It was tolerated, but got ridicule.  It was known, with proof, that we had a sheep-shagger in our midst; someone admitted to bitch riding, a boyfriend talked about going out with someone doing her horse.  There were rude animal noises when they walked down the hall, talk behind their backs.  

I'm assuming it would have been a whole lot worse if they had "social media" back then.  

Quote:
8 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I have relatives that are gay (doesn't everyone?), they did catch shit back then if they left something out that gave it away.  About the same as I assume I would have gotten if I'd slipped up.  

Publicly, it seemed similar; it was pretty well known that some of the school footballers were gay, some staff.  It was tolerated, but got ridicule.  It was known, with proof, that we had a sheep-shagger in our midst; someone admitted to bitch riding, a boyfriend talked about going out with someone doing her horse.  There were rude animal noises when they walked down the hall, talk behind their backs.  

I'm assuming it would have been a whole lot worse if they had "social media" back then.  

But today it can be pretty dangerous, because you get the cops and things like that; it seems matters have gone worse.

Quote:
21 minutes ago, Cat said:

But today it can be pretty dangerous, because you get the cops and things like that; it seems matters have gone worse.

They have indeed.  The only high point is the 'net; you can talk to people from around the globe instead of only local people.  It was pretty cool being able to talk directly to old zoo guys in person though, something pretty hard to do today.  (This would have been mid- '60's or so).

I was 35 when I came online, after Tippy died in 98. Some of the old timers I met then had been around online for better'n 10 years by then. 

I don't believe there are near as many references to zoophilia in ancient art as "we" wish there were. I think most were done as insults and jokes rather than descriptions of accepted practice. I also don't believe there are as many "zoos" today as we wish, a lot of those claiming such are not.

In my teens I witnessed a very dangerous atmosphere for those who were openly gay. To advertise your zoophilia or 'bestiality' as it was still known, would have earned far more than ridicule. Even in the 90s it could result in bodily harm for you asnd your animals. I doubt it's changed much, just including new laws for you to fight while you heal.

sw