• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadly Class has a zoophile as a main character, but he's a bad guy :(

There is this show on Scy Fy called Deadly class, I really like it...until the villain is revealed as a zoophile, like a genuine zoo. He was in love with a dog, his dad found out and made him take his dog partner out back and kill them. Because of that, he turned into a serial killer psychopath. It's fucking ridiculous, everything else was legit up until that point of the show, like it could be believable because the characters were all pretty well done. But this guy, his face is all fucked up, he calls himself "fuck face", he's a Joe Dirt style redneck biker stereotype. I'm surprised they didn't turn this guy into a meth addict, because he acts just like one too.

The characters (good guys) mission in the show is to catch the evil psycho zoophile, and so to do that, they needed another psycho to get inside his head so to speak, and at first the psycho refused until the (good guys) tell him that said bad guy is a zoophile, and even that psycho killer finds it repulsive and that's the motive that peaks the helper psycho's interest in helping the (good guys) catch the bad guy zoophile.

Of course.  Zoos are evil.  Haven't you got that yet?

That's not all bad.    He wasn't evil until a str8 tortured him and made him evil.

Here's a bit of perspective for y'all. A common punishment for zoosexual folks in the 1500s in France went like this: they'd tie you up to a stake, put a bunch of wood and flammables under you, bring your partner out, murder them in front of you, then burn you alive.  There's a surprisingly detailed record of these cases that has been preserved for hundreds of years.

I mention this because at least in that case, you die (an admittedly torturous, awful death) soon after you witness that killing. What happens to this villain character is somehow worse than inquisition-era torture deaths for the worst sinners they could think of. Not only was he forced have to kill his partner himself, but he had to live with it afterward. That's more than enough to drive someone a little nuts. Of course, like HH said, being zoo is terribly evil, so it is all that guy's fault for what happened to him. He was just an insane psycho to begin with, so whatever. You know what they say, those who end up serial killers often start by ABUSING ANIMALS, right? I'm sure that's exactly how the screenwriters wrote the character and that is exactly how the audience is supposed to feel about it. Zoophobia at its finest.

N.B.: Even if I'm missing some context, and this guy was actually some kind of zoosadist (and thereby actually deserving of whatever he gets), it doesn't change the fact that the concept is awfully conceived. If the writers cared at all, they'd differentiate. One line of throwaway dialogue is enough, but I wager that it's approximately a 100% chance that that thought never crossed their minds.

What a disgusting show. Straight into the trash it goes. Thanks for the warning. I can only hope no one I know ever watches this schlock.

Quote:
2 hours ago, caikgoch said:

That's not all bad.    He wasn't evil until a str8 tortured him and made him evil.

This is the only saving grace of that character concept. Unfortunately, the optics and presentation appear to be all bad and only heavily reinforce existing prejudices. It's made doubly worse by this:

Quote:
9 hours ago, UntamedAnomaly said:

at first the psycho refused until the (good guys) tell him that said bad guy is a zoophile, and even that psycho killer finds it repulsive and that's the motive that peaks the helper psycho's interest

That motivation, rephrased: "The only thing we can all agree on is that this guy needs to be punished repeatedly and savagely for being zoo".

Another unfortunate symptom of the ground we've lost as of late.

I hate to say this, but most hollywood shows are a product of popular culture.  What did you really expect?

It's why I no longer watch TV.

Quote:
3 minutes ago, cervids said:

I hate to say this, but most hollywood shows are a product of popular culture.  What did you really expect?

It's why I no longer watch TV.

Yeah, I can't say I expected any different. It's just a shame, and even if some bad thing is expected it still sucks sometimes when it happens.

I too wish that it weren't so predictable for whatever it is worth.