• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A request on the well-being of some members.

Some have for certain left this Forum, but I still am interested in their well-being. Some have to me appeared to simply have dropped off the radar completely. Some once considered me friend, and may still. Some may tell you when asked to tell me to fuck off. That's fine. Even that tells me they are still kicking, and that's all I care about. Answer here if you can, or in PM. I'm not asking where they are, or why they aren't here, or anything more about them. Just that they still are..

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/445-ren-houk/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="445" href="<___base_url___>/profile/445-ren-houk/">@Ren Houk</a> Our Site Historian. Hasn't been here since 2018.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a> Definitely left here, but a fine mind I wish well.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/2164-saturnine/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2164" href="<___base_url___>/profile/2164-saturnine/">@Saturnine</a> Health issues are known to be quite serious.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/157-cynolove693/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="157" href="<___base_url___>/profile/157-cynolove693/">@Cynolove693</a> Same as above.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/3172-old-zoo/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3172" href="<___base_url___>/profile/3172-old-zoo/">@Old Zoo</a> One of the old-timers, joined last year but only stayed about 9 months.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/4-myloverhasfur/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/profile/4-myloverhasfur/">@myloverhasfur</a> One of our first members. Been a long time..

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/5-horsedan/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5" href="<___base_url___>/profile/5-horsedan/">@horsedan</a> See above. Author of 

<iframe allowfullscreen="" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedcontent="" data-embedid="embed4909077127" scrolling="no" src="<___base_url___>/topic/35-sex-with-a-mare-in-30-easy-steps/?do=embed" style="height:207px;max-width:502px;"></iframe>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/188-toffees-lover/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="188" href="<___base_url___>/profile/188-toffees-lover/">@Toffee's Lover</a> A really nice zoo in pm's, though a bit shy.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/214-ara/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214" href="<___base_url___>/profile/214-ara/">@Ara</a>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/170-actaeon/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="170" href="<___base_url___>/profile/170-actaeon/">@Actaeon</a>

Lastly, Big Al. If you know how he is, I'd like to know he's well.

Thanks in advance,

sw

Quote:
14 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/170-actaeon/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="170" href="<___base_url___>/profile/170-actaeon/" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:12.6px;padding:0px 5px;">@Actaeon</a>

Says he's well, work hours reduced because of Covid.

Quote:
17 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

Some have for certain left this Forum, but I still am interested in their well-being. Some have to me appeared to simply have dropped off the radar completely. Some once considered me friend, and may still. Some may tell you when asked to tell me to fuck off. That's fine. Even that tells me they are still kicking, and that's all I care about. Answer here if you can, or in PM. I'm not asking where they are, or why they aren't here, or anything more about them. Just that they still are..

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a> 

Lastly, Big Al. If you know how he is, I'd like to know he's well.

Thanks in advance,

sw

eGold is fit and well. He was cheesed by some of the political bs that infiltrated his replys/posts. So he left. (or something like that)

BigAl is alive and well. Enjoying the sunshine. He can be found using Telegram.

Clues to the state they're in, hiding in plain sight. lol

Quote:
16 hours ago, Hiway said:

eGold is fit and well. He was cheesed by some of the political bs that infiltrated his replys/posts. So he left. (or something like that)

BigAl is alive and well. Enjoying the sunshine. He can be found using Telegram.

Clues to the state they're in, hiding in plain sight. lol

I knew <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a> left, and knew why, am just glad he's doing well. He is always welcome back, as any member who chooses to leave. His posts made folks think hard, his leaving was a loss.

Big Al I am especially happy to hear is well. I make few friends, and keep fewer, in real life or online. I seldom stay connected (a fault in my makeup I cannot correct), yet do cherish those connections if that makes sense. He is one of those very few.

sw

Quote:
17 hours ago, Hiway said:

He doesn't know where "Block User" is? 

Or he should take a cue from (N&A XL)  Bulent:  "Suck it!"  

Quote:
On 8/4/2020 at 8:23 AM, heavyhorse said:

He doesn't know where "Block User" is? 

Or he should take a cue from (N&A XL)  Bulent:  "Suck it!"  

He can't block the Admin's moderation choices made at the time. That's what he disagreed with & why he left, for the record. He felt I locked threads when I disagreed with where and how the discussion was going, and also for the record he may have been right, partially. The attempts to be fair and just to one user (30-30, since banned) did indeed blind me to the rights of the rest of the members of the forum to continue a debate. <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a> made an honest attempt to show me this, then left when I didn't see it. It made it appear that I was intentionally favoring and protecting 30-30 actually, and his position in the discussion. I thought at the time that I was doing the opposite. It's difficult to try to be fair to everyone at the same time with-out this becoming another shit-fest site of insults and hate speech. Locking threads isn't the answer though, it's a last resort. I've learned that. 

Also, you cannot tell another member to "suck it" here. That's a personal attack & against the rules. That's another point of disagreement he and I had. He felt I wasn't enforcing that one equally in those discussions, though I was definitely trying to. It was, btw, what did finally get 30-30 banned a few weeks after <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a> left. Too little too late there.

sw 

A member whose well-being I wonder about is @zemlya.  We carried on a series of private chats for about two years, then he abruptly disappeared.  I last heard from him mid-July last year.  I'm not sure, but I think that might have been around the time that the forum's URL changed from dot net to dot org.  I'm well aware that the change was unavoidable and beyond anyone's control, but we unfortunately seem to have lost some members in the process.

I have no contact info for him.  I was given contact info by a number of members of another forum as it was about to disappear, including zemlya, but misplaced it.

I lost touch with several people when that forum went away.  

Oddly they were apparently comfortable with a public presence in that place but not with email.  Go figure.  

We had a post with names of folks who had disappeared long ago. Perhaps a post of names of those from that forum would be appropriate? Might get responses. Some may even already be here.

sw